Need knowledgable person to help with Ford 101 plow

/ Need knowledgable person to help with Ford 101 plow #1  

pharmvet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 7710 II FWA, NH TB110 FWA w/ NH 46LB loader, JD 5303 2wd w/ loader
After searching for a Ford 101 3 bottom plow for over 2 years, I ended up with 2 in the span of a month. They are almost identical except one has a landing lever and coulters and the other does not. I'm planning full take down, sand blast repaint new parts restoration on both. Upon examining then, it appears that the landsides and/or frogs are different. Please look at each send tell me if one has been altered.

/ Need knowledgable person to help with Ford 101 plow #2  
I have a "blue" Ford Series 101, two bottom.

Keep in mind Ford did not make these plows. They were provided to Ford by 3-4 contractors, Oliver for one. So you may be looking at variations from one supplier to Ford from another supplier to Ford.

Hopefully someone else will have a definitive answer.

It is difficult to find wear parts for plows. If you find plow wear parts source, PLEASE POST.

Attachments

• DSC00268.jpg
    DSC00268.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 429
Last edited:
   / Need knowledgable person to help with Ford 101 plow #3  
I got my 101 parts from a John Deere dealer. They had to be special ordered but one of their catalogs had them.

Below is a photo of MY 101. (Hardfacing on landslides added.) Also a photo from the manual and parts dimensions.

As jeff9366 mentions, this is just one example of what may be out there. I really doubt that someone would modify a 101 with their own design.

PlowPainted_02.JPG

Landslide_Ford101Plow.JPG

Ford101Share.gifFord101Shin.gif

/ Need knowledgable person to help with Ford 101 plow #4  
I have not had any problems finding right hand parts for these plows but...my plow is a 102. It's a two way. Left hand parts are extremely hard to fine. I've gotten my parts from Wiese Industries and Herschel-Adams. Neither of those places will sell direct but you should be able to find a dealer who will order parts for you. Keep in mind that you will most likely not find non-wear parts. You might also try Sweet equipment here on the site too. He rebuilds a lot of plows and should have a good source.

/ Need knowledgable person to help with Ford 101 plow #5  
Osmundson.
Another one.

/ Need knowledgable person to help with Ford 101 plow #6  
The top one is what is normal from what I've seen. These are not great pictures, but here's my restoration

image-2687256532.jpg

image-3435341647.jpg

image-1843203913.jpg