Buying Advice Need new rims and tires for New Holland 1920

/ Need new rims and tires for New Holland 1920 #1  

gruneheidi

Tractor
New Holland 1920
I purchased a New Holland 1920 tractor 4x4. Dont know the year. Its been sitting out in my employers "bone yard" for at least 4 years. The tractor still runs! Its not pretty. Needs new seat, replacing some lines, new battery. Its rusty and paint is fades from living outside all these years. I remember when I started with this company in 2001 it was used to spread rocks in our parking area. Anyway....The rims are rusty around them stems and the tires are dry rotted but are holding air. All but the right front, its shredded. I will be using it on my farm to move horse manure and load trucks with it. I would like to find someone local to help me restore it. In the meantime I need to buy tires and rims so I can use it.
Suggestions one where to buy rims and tires?

/ Need new rims and tires for New Holland 1920 #2  
You "need to find someone local".....?
A location in your profile, might help to identify just where "local" is.

/ Need new rims and tires for New Holland 1920 #3  
You can find rims on ebay, local tire shop would be the best source for rear tires as shipping eats you up on those. A local tire shop may be able to get you some rear rims too.

/ Need new rims and tires for New Holland 1920 #4  
Your NH dealer can probably still order OEM rims, but they will be expensive. Might try Dawson Wheel and Tire. Agricultural Tires & Farm Equipment: New & Used | Dawson Tire & Wheel They're one of the biggest farm wheel suppliers in the US and pretty easy to deal with.

Also recommend checking with Long Lane Tractor Parts in PA. They specialize in older Ford/NH salvage tractors. Might have some good used rims and other parts you may need. I've had excellent service from them. Long Lane Tractor

/ Need new rims and tires for New Holland 1920 #5  
You "need to find someone local".....?
A location in your profile, might help to identify just where "local" is.

The number of questions that have come up where another member knowing the answer depended on the approximate location of the person asking the question is considerable.

/ Need new rims and tires for New Holland 1920 #6  
The number of questions that have come up where another member knowing the answer depended on the approximate location of the person asking the question is considerable.

^^ best answer so far ^^ :D

Shipping of wheels/tires to local might make the cost higher than if buying there.

I bought 'Titan Trac Loader' fronts (25x8.50-14) identical to what I'm replacing on the little Case. I'd like to share where I bought them from, just need to look 'em up.

Edit: Just bought another pair of Titan fronts. Price could not be beat, and free shipping here to my place in nearby.

Last edited:
   / Need new rims and tires for New Holland 1920 #7  
A year ago i was talking to my local tire guys who sell a lot of ag and truck tires. I figure someday I'll need new rims because mine are rusty around the stems. Just about any tire with calcium chloride in it will show some rust around the valve stem from early on. usually that's accompanied by a few drops of salty liquid. It's not a quick progressing problem; I'd guess mine have been like that for 15 or 20 years, and prior tractors went about the same time without any repair. I always consider the tire is sweating more than anything else. They said that new rims for my 3930 (guessing they're a little bit bigger than yours) would run maybe $900. Then they said they've had good luck welding some replacement steel over thin spots for maybe half that. What was most important was when they said I could maybe go another 10 years as is. A wire brush and a can of NH grey goes a long way in extending the lifespan. Save up your bucks while you fix the small stuff and whatever else develops as you go along. You'll know when you must do something about rims and tires.

Same thing for a little dry rot. Farm tires can do that. It's not like your doing 85 on the interstate with them, or that they need balancing, you have a top end of 18 mph; you're on turf or soil, they might last a long time. Might.