Need opinions of 10K trailer brands

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I've been looking for a really nice used 18-20 ft 10,000 (maybe 14,000) equipment trailer with fold up ramps/wood deck but have not been able to find one. I haul 4,000 to 7,000 lbs CUT.
Now, I'm thinking maybe new and some of the brands I am not familiar with. I know Corn Pro is a good name but I also see PJ, Hurst, Gator and such and they are new names to me. Surely there are other brands as well.
This doesn't search well since it's a scattered opinion here and there so any personal opinions or experience on brands would be welcome.

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #2  
I'm ordering a Gator trailer next month. Everything I've read and heard from owners and dealers leads me to believe they are basically medium-quality and my only complaint should be wiring, which is an easy fix, and a cheaper one than ordering a top-quality trailer.

The salesman I spoke with sent me a quote pretty quickly and I did not have to speak to him multiple times, trade emails, etc. I never was able to get a correct quote out of two other dealers I tried to work with, both selling top brands, and both claiming to be experienced at up-fitting, etc. I feel a lot more comfortable with the factory salesman.

I'll let you know if I still think all the same things once I receive my trailer, but as long as the tail lights aren't falling off (see a Gatormade thread here) when I take it home I think I will be satisfied, especially for the price.

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #3  
I have a Gator 10800lbs pull it every day ,rarlely is it unhooked from my truck. probably has 60k miles on it with no problems I bought it from the factory in Somerset KY it was cheaper to go get it my self , than to pay delivery charges

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #4  
In our area Gator is the best bang for the buck. I have dealt with a few. Yes, the paint could be better and the wiring also but the structure is on par with any other out there and the price is just plain tough to beat.

Before you buy do a search of this site for "Gator Made". There was one guy who had some complaints but my local dealer sells dozens every month and is still in business so for the most part they are a good trailer that the vast majority are happy with.

Chris

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #5  
I think I was the "one guy". For the money they are ok trailers but it was how Gator handled my issues is what I had the problem with.

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #6  
   / Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #7  
When I was looking for a trailer, I decided to get a whole load of Gatormade trailers and sell the rest. I got a total of 5 trailers, ranging from 7500 - 10400 GVW. By getting 5 of them at once, I got dealer pricing.

I was able to sell the other 4 trailers fairly easy. I made a decent profit on each one, which just about paid for my trailer completely. My customers all felt that the trailers where pretty good for the money.

What I noticed:

The paint is terrible. Very little if any surface prep was done, primer was not used, and some trailers had runs the whole way across the fenders. A year later, the paint is comming off, it chips easily, and is fading out really bad.

The wiring is pretty bad - like most trailers. The wires are run with no loom and they use a lot of those crip on terminals.

The general construction is pretty good. The ramps are pretty easy to bend on the car-haulers.

In my opinion, they are good for the price, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #8  
Take a look at Quality Trailers , they are in ohio , i bought a 20' skid steer trailer , pro series seems to be a good trailer, led lights nice wireing harness ,paint could be better ,but it pulls nice

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #9  
i almost forgot it has a 5 year warrenty on the wiring harness

/ Need opinions of 10K trailer brands #10  
I looked at some of the national brands. The dealers were very proud of them and of course, they had the best trailer and best price. I then found a local company that makes trailers, employing local folks using local supplies where ever possible... Fox trailer, 20', 10k for a decent price. See if you can find a local outfit that makes what you want. In many cases, you can get more trailer for the same price.