Need recommendation for airator/spreader

/ Need recommendation for airator/spreader #1  

Deliberate1

Friends,
I need an airator/spreader for fertilizer or lime or grass seed. Can you all recommend a good rig to pull behind my 2200. Thanks.

/ Need recommendation for airator/spreader #2  
I have a Sitrex FS fertilizer spreader and it works well on my BX 22...its light and easy to attach to the 3 pth. made in Italy..the settings and calibrations could be better

/ Need recommendation for airator/spreader #3  
I have an use a Hurd M96 3pt spreader with my BX22 (and the BX2200 before it) It's great for anything that is not powder. Not a problem for lime as you just buy pelletized lime, for example. It's a well-made spreader, reasonably priced and easy to mount.

Aeration is a whole 'nuther animal. There are inepensive things designed for garden tractors that merly pierce the soil with tines all the way up to true core aerators that do the job right. The latter are quite expensive...rental might make sense if you don't plan on doing it every year for a long period of time. Weight may also be an issue with a BX on some of these units.

/ Need recommendation for airator/spreader #4  
I 2nd the Herd Seeder I paid $425 in March 03 I also have a Kioti same as the Mid West, 4' Aerator, I paid $735 in March also. Got them from a local Kioti dealer. Found prices from net dealers were lower but when adding shipping cost was about the same. However the Kioti dealer said I would have them in a week, turned out to be almost 2 months. If I went with the net dealers I would have had then in a few days. I use the core aerator spring and fall. I got a quote to aerate and over seed the front acre and they want $1200. I figured for the cost of the equipment I would have it paid back in one application. That is how I sold it to the CFO for the new toys ... I mean equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Need recommendation for airator/spreader #5  
I have a guy that core aerates my 3/4 acre for $50! Until he dies, that job is his!

I just get it done in the fall (messy with kids wanting to play). I think it has made more difference than anything else I've ever done to the yard.

/ Need recommendation for airator/spreader #6  
I use a 48 inch heavy steel First Choice core aerator, I wish I had gotten the 60 inch but still it works GREAT. I use a Furest flexible chain harrow 6X8 feet for my drive, for stimulating the lawn and working ground. I spread seed, fertilizer and pellatized lime and gypsum with my Heard M-96 3-point spreader. There are no all in one units to my knowledge for compact/sub-compact tractors like the tiny little ineffective toys you get at Home Depot etc for the common and ubiquitous tractor styled lawnmowers. J