Need some B Allis experts.

/ Need some B Allis experts. #1  

Nat

Platinum Member
I brought and old B Allis home today and it is pretty unusual. It has 3 piece cultivators, not like the 1 piece that is all I've ever seen on a B, and it has seperate front and rear lift simular to a super A Farmal. It also has a snap coupler on the rear that raises and lowere the rear toolbar. Did Allis make any other snap couple hitch equipment for a B? Don't confuse this with the snap coupler that is on a CA, or a WD 45 or the newer D- series. This is a B, and it is origonal, so any help will be appreciated. Later, Nat

/ Need some B Allis experts. #2  
AC made a complete line of implements for the Modle B , if AC didnt make it other suppliers did . They made over 100K modle B's so you should be able to find any thing you need .

/ Need some B Allis experts.
Matt this one will be a little more difficult as it has the snap coupler hitch system. All the snap coupler hitch equipment I've ever seen is for bigger tractors. The smallest snap coupler equipment I've seen is for a D-10 which pulled 2- 12" plows and would carry a 20 disc harrow and it is a bigger, heavier tractor than a B. Thanks, Nat

/ Need some B Allis experts. #4  
Nat said:
has the snap coupler hitch system. All the snap coupler hitch equipment I've ever seen is for bigger tractors.

I was raised on a B , I have a CA now but I really liked my B . After about 1943 you could retrofit the B with the Snap Coupler from a CA and use CA attachments . I had a 1 bottem 16" plow with my B but most of the attachments were mounted on the cultervator frame. We once were abe to find alot of the snap coupler equipment for the B in this area but the scrap metal prices have cleaned alot of them out of the fence rows . I still have the two row planter for mine but it's in bad shape .

Matt, I took some pics of it today. It seems this particular B came from the plant with the snap coupler. The bell mounted like a drawbar on the front of the final drivers.
I don't have the bell, but it still has the latches. This one is pretty neat, or will be when it's done.
#1 this pic shows how the front lift mounts
#2 shows the snap latches and the homemade 3PH that sticks 3' behind the tractor
#3 shows the selector valve to choose front or rear

Attachments

• for sale 016.jpg
    for sale 016.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 724
  • for sale 018.jpg
    for sale 018.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 653
  • for sale 017.jpg
    for sale 017.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 544
Here is one side of the front cultivators. The pin sticking out goes into a hole on the front radiator support and it has 2 slotted holes that fit onto the boss on the torque tube.
The second pic shows the way the rear toolbar mounts on the latches

Attachments

• for sale 022.jpg
    for sale 022.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 341
  • for sale 021.jpg
    for sale 021.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 276
   / Need some B Allis experts. #7  
Nice tractor ! that one looks to be in good shap for a restore . It looks like it mostly complete , you can yous a few parts from a CA or C such as the round door to the toolbox that is missing . It looks like you have the quick hitch cultevator . Does it have the ajustable frount axle if it does then its probably a 1945 or newer ? I'll try and dig up a picture of my CA after I restored it. These were built to last , good luck with the restore

Matt, it does have the wide adjustable front axle and the cast,dish rear wheels. It also has wheel weights inside the rears.
You're right on needing the toolbox cover, and I'll need a grill screen, and the snap coupler bell but other than that it is complete. The engine was pro rebuilt by the fellow I got it from, but the owner installed it and didn't get the firing order right so he couldn't get it started. I put the plug wires on the right plugs and charged the batt and she fired right up, good oil pressure and runs like a kitten. The rear tires don't match, so I'll have to buy one tire as it has 1 new 23 degree firestone and 1 worn Silverton. The wheels are all nice, no rust spots, all in all I'm happy so far. Later, Nat

/ Need some B Allis experts. #9  
Here a picture of my CA . I restored it severl years back but it has always been a working tractor , this one was made in 1952 and I use it to mow hay , pullt hay wagons and brush hog feilds . I didn't notice in your pictires if the the belt pulley on the back was still there .

Attachments

• MVC3005S.JPG
    MVC3005S.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 225
   / Need some B Allis experts. #10  
Mornin Nat,
Did you finish the other B you were working on ? Or did I miss it ! :)