Need Some Idea's Figuring Out What Equipment I Need.

/ Need Some Idea's Figuring Out What Equipment I Need. #21  
If you go the side by side or golf cart route and the 4 to 6 seater is out of your budget, a guy I knew had a ranger that had a lift made or bought that pivots to put his chair in the back or on the side of the machine folded up that he could operate from the front seat. It also worked to pull stuff in the bed with the bed dumped.

/ Need Some Idea's Figuring Out What Equipment I Need. #22  
Honda's Pioneer 700 also comes in a four seater. But the seats when flipped up use up bed space which there's not much of to begin with. it's a smaller UTV.
To have room for the chair I think you'd want a larger UTV with 4 seats and a bed that can be used at the same time. Or maybe one of the ones with a 3 person wide seat in front.

We resisted getting the UTV for years. When we finally got one we were like "why didn't we get one of these years ago?" We had a beater Toyota 4x4 farm truck but due to our steep and wooded land it coudn't go many places. The UTV being so much smaller and lighter can go places the Toyota couldn't. The only advantage of the Toyota was being able to drive on the road legally (and highway practically), and costing less.

The UTV lets me haul tools, chain saws etc to where I'm working. That saves my energy for getting the work done rather than hauling tools up hills.

/ Need Some Idea's Figuring Out What Equipment I Need.
If you go the side by side or golf cart route and the 4 to 6 seater is out of your budget, a guy I knew had a ranger that had a lift made or bought that pivots to put his chair in the back or on the side of the machine folded up that he could operate from the front seat. It also worked to pull stuff in the bed with the bed dumped.

My upper body is very strong so I may be able to throw the chair in like I do my car. If I can do something with my arms, I Like to do it to stay in shape. The lift would be good for lifting heavy awkward things.

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    720.1 KB · Views: 86
Honda's Pioneer 700 also comes in a four seater. But the seats when flipped up use up bed space which there's not much of to begin with. it's a smaller UTV.
To have room for the chair I think you'd want a larger UTV with 4 seats and a bed that can be used at the same time. Or maybe one of the ones with a 3 person wide seat in front.

We resisted getting the UTV for years. When we finally got one we were like "why didn't we get one of these years ago?" We had a beater Toyota 4x4 farm truck but due to our steep and wooded land it coudn't go many places. The UTV being so much smaller and lighter can go places the Toyota couldn't. The only advantage of the Toyota was being able to drive on the road legally (and highway practically), and costing less.

The UTV lets me haul tools, chain saws etc to where I'm working. That saves my energy for getting the work done rather than hauling tools up hills.

Which one do you have?

/ Need Some Idea's Figuring Out What Equipment I Need. #26  
I have Kawasaki Teryx 2 seater that works for me.

It has a 2” hitch receiver that could be used for one of those hitch mounted cargo platforms you frequently see behind suv’s On the highway. A chair, maybe even a power chair, would easily fit.

/ Need Some Idea's Figuring Out What Equipment I Need. #27  
Do you or your sister have a utility trailer for hauling 16ft fence boards and the like?

I have been researching the UTV’s, I have my work cut out for me, I will have to look at all the brands and the way they are built so that I find the right one for my application. The online information is limited, I have to see them in person. I did see a John Deere 850 with 50 miles on it, looked new, that looks like it would work but again I have to see them up close to decide and there are many to consider. I’m going to Florida in a couple of weeks, lots of those things down there.

Any thoughts on what I should be looking at, I’m looking for something close to new, my sister said they have lots of them at auctions and that’s were she bought her Gator cheap. My budget is $10,000, I should be able to get a next to New nice unit for that..

/ Need Some Idea's Figuring Out What Equipment I Need. #30  
We test drove a Gator 850 before buying the Pioneer. The belt drive CVT was very jerky at low speeds which turned us off. The dealer had a lot of trouble manuvering it out of the showroom without hitting anything. It was fast once it got moving though!

The dump bed on our Pioneer 700 has a gas cylinder to assist. It's not strong enough if the bed's got much in the way of wood or dirt in it. Then it needs assistance and sometimes that's more than I can provide. Then I have to pull the stuff out to lighten it up before I can dump the remainder. If the gas cylinder was much stronger it'd be too hard to pull the bed back down and get it to latch. A power dump kit would be useful. I see someone's done their own for a P1000 but there's no kits out yet.