Need Some Tiller Advice

/ Need Some Tiller Advice #21  
I had a neighbor that had a Bolens GT with a tiller on it,,
He was tilling his garden one day, I asked him to come till my garden, it took him an hour, I put $50 in his shirt pocket.

About 6 months later, a flood took out his driveway, he asked me to bring down my 60HP tractor, and rebuild the washed away driveway.
He never offered a cent, after I spent 3 hours running the tractor and loader.

His son knew about this, when the dad died, and left the son the property, the son asked me to mow a 15 acre field.
I told him that I could not do it for free, like I had done the driveway, there would have to be a reasonable fee.
That was the end of the conversation.

Well, again, the driveway got washed out,, sometime in the last month,,
Yesterday, I saw a construction company with an excavator (a brand new CAT), two skid steers, and two 5 axle dump trucks,,
fixing the driveway,, They have been steady at it since Saturday.

I think he will soon find out that expecting me to do it for free was a bad choice,,
That commercial construction company will probably charge a little more than $50,,,

Heck, I expect the fee will be more than the dad paid for the 20 acres back in 1983,,,

/ Need Some Tiller Advice #22  
I have a tiller 72 inch forward rotating tines
works great powered by PTO. I have a few
weeds and some grass coming up so will have
to till another 4 or 5 times to kill all weeds/grass.
I would also recommend the 3pt very easy to
use and its also very easy to attach with the 3pt

willy
Wishing you the best of Luck....that was my thought also...keep tilling and you will kill all the weed seeds....that started 30yrs ago....and im still tilling like a mad man

/ Need Some Tiller Advice #23  
I had a neighbor that had a Bolens GT with a tiller on it,,
He was tilling his garden one day, I asked him to come till my garden, it took him an hour, I put $50 in his shirt pocket.

About 6 months later, a flood took out his driveway, he asked me to bring down my 60HP tractor, and rebuild the washed away driveway.
He never offered a cent, after I spent 3 hours running the tractor and loader.

His son knew about this, when the dad died, and left the son the property, the son asked me to mow a 15 acre field.
I told him that I could not do it for free, like I had done the driveway, there would have to be a reasonable fee.
That was the end of the conversation.

Well, again, the driveway got washed out,, sometime in the last month,,
Yesterday, I saw a construction company with an excavator (a brand new CAT), two skid steers, and two 5 axle dump trucks,,
fixing the driveway,, They have been steady at it since Saturday.

I think he will soon find out that expecting me to do it for free was a bad choice,,
That commercial construction company will probably charge a little more than $50,,,

Heck, I expect the fee will be more than the dad paid for the 20 acres back in 1983,,,
A few years ago a new neighbor moved in. He is about the same age as I (mid 60s) and we would wave at each other as we passed each other on our short dead end road. We even spoke a couple times, maybe 2 minutes total. I guess it was because we are both sorta old guys and live on the same short dead end road that he thought it would be OK for him to ask if I would grade his driveway for free with my Case 580CK backhoe. I hadda tell him no chance. Don't ask again.
Recently we had a pretty big windstorm and had over twenty trees come down. The power lines were across both of my driveways so it's no wonder power was out for 4 days for us. My neighbor, driving slowly down our road, saw my wife and I cleaning up debris from the windstorm that was all over our road. He stopped and just looked. My wife and I just kept working. We needed to get the road clear so that folks could get past our place to their places. The neighbor is one of the 3 places past our place that would benefit from the debris cleanup. Some of the debris was from our trees and some was from trees across the road. Property that belongs to our neighbor. Sitting in his car. Watching us. But we don't discriminate, my wife and I are equal opportunity road debris clearers.
After looking for a few minutes he rolled down his electric window and called out to me. I walked over to say hi just to be polite. He looked at my Yanmar YM2310 and asked if I could maybe use it to move some debris from his driveway. I had to say no. I had to tell him that I was too effin' busy cleaning up our road with my wife because nobody else was going to do it. He smiled at me and left. Totally clueless.
I live where I do because of the great community and great natural environment. My wife and I truly love it here and I sometimes can't believe how lucky we are to be able to live here. But some people just gotta be crummy. Too bad for them. They don't get invited to rib nights. When I cook up a bunch of baby back ribs to perfection. And good natured folks sit around our big fire ring, eat ribs, beans, and coleslaw. Drink a couple beers, a glass or two of wine, maybe smoke a bowl. And enjoy each others company. Plan the next project that folks can get together and work on.
Cheers,
Eric

/ Need Some Tiller Advice #24  
CADplans with your attitude you should stay far far far
away from gardening. We have had nice gardens and
the deer run threw our yard and don't bother our garden!
We must be in the space age for someone to say a minus
200 % change you will not be able to grow anything. Like
a vacuum between the ears????????

willy