Neighbor doesn't mow frequently enough

/ Neighbor doesn't mow frequently enough #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
I've mowed it for him couple of years. Last year just didn't want me too. Think he feels he's leaning on me. I don't feel that way at all. So last year no mowing.

He took a stab at it, got hurt in a batwing mishap. His son is mowing now. Here what he's dealing with in some areas.
31293b8add4a7fc01f7aeb136bb21f37.jpg

/ Neighbor doesn't mow frequently enough #3  
Wow. That looks like MY meadow. I let it go and now its like that pic and I've got nothing that can touch it. We just had more rain this year than ever seen in the 35 years I've been here. I've got a BIG weed whacker - Stihl FS350 - and its too much for me and the Stihl. My dam field grass is taller than I am.

Mine would be a good test for a bush hog. Actually, a Fecon forrest mulcher would be more in order.

/ Neighbor doesn't mow frequently enough #4  
Nature used to take care of that by using thousands of buffalo. :)

Bruce

/ Neighbor doesn't mow frequently enough #6  
Why does the area need mown?

Some sort of housing development planned?

/ Neighbor doesn't mow frequently enough #7  
He's a regular fire hazard after the first frost.

/ Neighbor doesn't mow frequently enough
It's a water grass of some kind. Got several spots around like that. Mow regular and it cuts it back dome.

Needs mowing to better the grass. To much of the wrong stuff growing there.

/ Neighbor doesn't mow frequently enough #9  
Maybe you should give consideration to the fact that it's his grass, not yours. if you don't like the way it looks, buy him out.

/ Neighbor doesn't mow frequently enough
Maybe you should give consideration to the fact that it's his grass, not yours. if you don't like the way it looks, buy him out.

He wants it mowed. Just stubborn in doing it hisself, and it's just to much for him to do. He's the kind of person who hates asking someone to do something for him. I live here, he lives 40 minutes or so from here, and use to own the house I have now. I mowed some areas for him....without him even knowing or asking....he followed with big big thank yous, but beyond him to ask. We are good friends. Up until this year, I had to hook on to his mower, and hesitated doing that without asking. Now I have a batwing, and I will mow onto him some without him asking, in fact already have but there is a lot to mow.