Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #841  
I'm pretty certain that he'll get them, when he gets them is the question I'd be asking. I think they'll fill their back orders for thousands of bullets before they get around to mailing out the freebies. And Soundguy is right, I know one fellow that just got in some Hornady 223 bullets with crimping cannelures and several bullets had the cannelures to far off, you see the difference visually.

yep.. i know a guy that just got some in. he ALSO experience cannelure issues.. and some 45's he had varried in diameter by .003 undersize enough that he was not able to crimp them in and not have the projectile still yeild under thumb pressure.

that's pretty lame.

i have found some hornady brass that has the flash hole inthe wrong place :( ate a good rcbs 3006 decap rod on that one.

I now run all hornady brass thru a lee universal decapper, since it has a collet held pin that may pop up instead of breaking hte pin or bending the stem...

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #842  
All of this talk about "relax, your elected officials would not do that", no one has thought to mention that regardless of their motives for buying the "(B)illons" of rounds of ammunition, they are doing it with OUR MONEY!!! Ironic, at least. Isn't that like taking a stick away from a kid and beating him with it?

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #843  
I look at it like my grand kids kids could well be buying old goobermint surplus ancient 2013 ammo at bargain basement prices that will be like getting our money back or not. LC .223 at 1.80 a round or such..

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #844  
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #845  
I look at it like my grand kids kids could well be buying old goobermint surplus ancient 2013 ammo at bargain basement prices that will be like getting our money back or not. LC .223 at 1.80 a round or such..

yup. kind of like shooting ww2 thru korea and 'nam forea milsurp now.. etc.

that is.. unless it gets used before then. ...

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #846  
3 boxes of 50 rounds, 7.95 a box 22LR

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #848  
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #849  
I'm pretty certain that he'll get them, when he gets them is the question I'd be asking. I think they'll fill their back orders for thousands of bullets before they get around to mailing out the freebies. And Soundguy is right, I know one fellow that just got in some Hornady 223 bullets with crimping cannelures and several bullets had the cannelures to far off, you see the difference visually.

when they arrive..they arrive. Im in no rush. Have plenty of materials on hand and enough ammo to last for several seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.