Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #871  
I'll repeat what several have already said... "remember the price gougers and don't buy from them anymore... even when this shortage is over (if it ever will be)". I deal with a small local gun store, and I talked with the owner about ammo. He is getting some orders dribbling in, and he is selling at the "pre Newtown" prices. He says the ammo manufacturers have not gone up on their prices, and he refuses to go up on his just because of demand. You can bet he will continue to get my business.....

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #872  
At the last conceal carry class I helped with, the instructor was really scrounging for Ammo.
I was almost to that point until a friend loaned me that box of .22LR's.

I am not into reloading (but I might get interested soon) and have never had any schooling. I'm not really wanting to get into another expensive hobby. I know it would save in the long run, but the initial investment would be high.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #873  
My local gas and beer stop has a case that is now well stocked with over priced ammo. $155.00 plus tax for 500 22 LRs. $32 for a box of 12 guage. I'm glad I'm not anywhere close to being out. I can wait this out with ease.

That will be interesting to see how he does with selling any and how long he stays out there in the ozone! I would love to be there at the sale when its all said and done just to say no thanks not interested @ any price I remember the 155 bricks.

All it will take is one large dealer somewhere Cabellas or Midway for example to break this into little pieces where it belongs.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #874  
.22 LR will probably be the last caliber to come into 'normal stocking levels' just because 1) it is so popular and you tend to shoot a lot of it when plinking 2) it is so cheap to stock up on 3) you can't reload it so every round must be purchased as a factory load.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #875  
I think he just jacked the price so people would stop cleaning him out daily. He'll just drop it back when the panic is over and he isn't really hurting anyone that just wants to go hunting now as one box will do for a lot of hunting even spring woodchuck season.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #876  
I was almost to that point until a friend loaned me that box of .22LR's.

I am not into reloading (but I might get interested soon) and have never had any schooling. I'm not really wanting to get into another expensive hobby. I know it would save in the long run, but the initial investment would be high.

It is sorta expensive (not real bad, I guess it is all relative) to get started, but it is kinda fun too. It is so cool with a progressive press to pull the handle, and every time a loaded center-fire round drops into the collection box.. pull, clunk. pull clunk..It is a type of satisfaction that few other things provide. Oh sure it takes some study, and care to get started and stay safe, but it is worth it in my opinion.

James K0UA

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #877  
It is sorta expensive (not real bad, I guess it is all relative) to get started, but it is kinda fun too. It is so cool with a progressive press to pull the handle, and every time a loaded center-fire round drops into the collection box.. pull, clunk. pull clunk..It is a type of satisfaction that few other things provide. Oh sure it takes some study, and care to get started and stay safe, but it is worth it in my opinion.

James K0UA

I agree reloading is fun takes a little care at first but once you get the hang of it your on your way.:thumbsup: Trouble now is getting the powder,primers some boolets....and brass seems like just about everything to do with shooting is in short supply??:2cents:

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #878  
yup...... sad...

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #879  
My sporting goods store has plenty of primers and powder....the bullets are in short supply.

Ive been loading since 1980 myself. Just recently moved to a progressive press with case feeder. WAY faster

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #880  
My sporting goods store has plenty of primers and powder....the bullets are in short supply.

Ive been loading since 1980 myself. Just recently moved to a progressive press with case feeder. WAY faster

Case feeders are great, I have used them on other guys presses, I have a case feeder too, she is my wife..When I can get her down to the reloading room and put her on the station 1 side of the press, man we can really crank out some rounds in a hurry!:thumbsup: I does require a little coordination (watch those fingers!) but it is a fun time.

James K0UA

Status
Not open for further replies.