New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's

/ New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's #11  
Too much grill, bumper/air dam, & hood. And those ridiculous foomanchoo looking wheel wells............
Just like the rest of the big 3. Goofy.

/ New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's #12  
The new design is a macho thing for really short guys who have never put a scratch in the bed of their trucks. LOL!

Never scratched because they can't reach over the side to put anything in it!

/ New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's #13  
Never scratched because they can't reach over the side to put anything in it!

So true.......that's why they hang the bull balls underneath.......only area they can reach without a step stool!!!!

/ New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's #14  
I am in the other camp. I am not "loving" the GM HD's of late. Seems like they are trying all they can to bloat the front end so that it is more difficult to use the pickups in tight areas, worksites, farm and ranch, etc. I have a 2015 2500 HD. I long for the front end of my '98 2500. And now GM has found yet another way to elevate the hood even more and restrict operator view. I find it fascinating, that semi truck design has gotten away from the big nose for a more streamlined look and better operator view while the pickups have gone the opposite way and design so that these pickup front ends emulate a city bus and operator view is more limited. Does anyone at R&D actually consider that some of us use pickups for more than a status symbol?

If you've ever seen the people who are in charge of designing the trucks you'd see exactly why they're doing things that make you shake your head. In other words, guys that have never owned a truck are the ones in charge of designing them.

/ New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's #15  
In other words, guys that have never owned a truck are the ones in charge of designing them.

I often believe this to be true for many things I use.

Biggest example though is houses. After shopping for almost a year, and sometimes looking, actually walking through, 8 or more a day, I wondered if the architect had lived in a yurt.

/ New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's #16  
The trucks of today don't even ride like a truck. I want a not a over sized car.

/ New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's #17  
They are just emulating the Dodge Ram. Ever since Dodge trucks started looking like a semi in front and sold like hot cakes to a lumberjack, everyone has been making them look bigger and bigger. Most of the trucks on the road are not working trucks but just a form of transportation for yuppies so the market is leaning towards those folks who buy the most trucks. If all they made were work trucks, how many would have $2000 stereos, 2" thick carpeting, power everything, leather all over etc. Most folks who really work their trucks in the dirt, mud and grease wouldn't need all that luxury but it is hard to find just a basic truck on a lot today. If you want basic, you have to special order it.

/ New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's #18  
The thing that matters the most is if the truck runs good and provides you with whatever your trying to tow, haul or push, then your a satisfied owner. I have had all of the big three trucks in gas and in diesel engines, with Allison tyranny's and without, all had good features and all had bad items too. I'm not loyal to any truck manufacture, I buy because I like the style or the features of the truck. To answer question about the 6.0 The 2016 Denial I have now is the 6.0, a good work horse and proven reliable motor, It has what is call driver assist on it with vibrating seats if you drift over driving lines or come to close to objects anywhere around truck, it's a nice touch but sometimes apita.
DevilDog

/ New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's #19  
They are just emulating the Dodge Ram. Ever since Dodge trucks started looking like a semi in front and sold like hot cakes to a lumberjack, everyone has been making them look bigger and bigger. Most of the trucks on the road are not working trucks but just a form of transportation for yuppies so the market is leaning towards those folks who buy the most trucks. If all they made were work trucks, how many would have $2000 stereos, 2" thick carpeting, power everything, leather all over etc. Most folks who really work their trucks in the dirt, mud and grease wouldn't need all that luxury but it is hard to find just a basic truck on a lot today. If you want basic, you have to special order it.

So true........hard to find a stripped down truck for work. My 2003 still has a CB for the logging roads........my grandkids laugh when they see it.

/ New 2017 GMC/Chev HD's #20  
Anyone know if they have front camera's for parking assist.

my 2016 has park assist in the front I like it. I'm not a real big fan of the new steering it feels like I am riding with a low tire