New 2750E Delivered two days ago

/ New 2750E Delivered two days ago #1  

Nancys Tractor

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2705E
Last spring I bought a Massey 1754 w. DL 135 loader (used.. under 300 hours). Nice tractor, but it immediately gave me DPF Regen issues... threw a code 12 and the alarm sounded (whatvan awful thing that alarm is) with 3 bars of soot.

I had to get the dealer out with a computer to force a Regen. Worked it HARD for 40 hours, 3 bars of soot and the same thing. They took it to the shop and did more computer work... but now I am spooked and thinking every 40-50 hours this is going to be sn issue.

Massey has a deal running 0% financing 84 months.. and this is the last year they will have a DOC and EGR and NO REGEN. The payments were $7 more per month than I was paying on the 1754.. do Out with the Old and in with the New.... 2750E and FLx2815 loader.

I went out and got all the model and serial numbers off the tractor and recorded them in the manual. This tractor is advertised as having a IHI Shibaura Engine.. yet the engine plate (Left Side) clearly states Perkins and lists a serial number and list number and "Made in USA" not made in Japan.

There is an engine casting number on the opposite side that is N4LDI 22162 followed by an odd symbol.. sort of like a backward S and underneath that partly hidden by the loader frame is P or D 1500..

There is also a tag on the right side that discusses emissions and also has Perkins on it.

Does anyone know if the 2020 Model 2750E had some with Perkins Diesel engines made in USA??? This certainly "appears" that way.... from the engine tag.

I am not complaining, just curious at this point.

/ New 2750E Delivered two days ago #2  
The understanding I have is Perkins bought out the remainder of their joint venture with IHI (Shibaura) about year ago. The IHI engine was built in Japan and the Perkins engine is built in the US. I believe Caterpillar uses a similar engine in their small construction equipment.