NEW 3015 oil leak

/ NEW 3015 oil leak #1  

ukrkoz

Silver Member
Tractor
Pioneer 1000 EPS
I have new, few weeks of possession, Branson 3015 HS.
It's parked inside and I noticed oil stains on the floor.
Last weekend, got myself under and found that it appears to seep from a seal between the rear differential cover and driveshaft cover, if I am using proper terms. Apparently, they used hermetic to seal surfaces and it does not really seal tight. Unless, it is seeping from somewhere above along the metal ridge?
Anyhow, it is nothing major, few drops. I don't have trailer and dealer's shop is about 50 mile away, so I am trrying to avoid the hassle of dragging tractor there somehow DIY. Looks like major disassembly to me and, likely, sitting there for long time.
Any way to fix it? There are two large bolt heads right next to the leaking area, should I get my socket with cheat pipe onto them? Or, considering it's a tractor, just let it be and monitor oil level? Or, clean, degrease that area and resin over it? I have some very good resins. But then question is - warranty? Will this void it?
Sort of upsetting to see such piddly problem with a new machine.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak #2  
I would take a closer look and try to figure out exactly where the leak is coming from.

When the dealer is installing things like rear remotes or third function valves, etc, a fitting may have not been tighten all the way and it may leak, or an o-ring can get pinched. Things like that can easily happen and the oil can sneak in to the weirdest spots and makes it hard to figure out exactly where it's coming from.

Can you provide us with a picture of the area you're looking at?

/ NEW 3015 oil leak #3  
Don't tighten bolts with a cheater pipe. That's a good way to break something. Use a torque wrench. Torque values are in the shop manual.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak
I would take a closer look and try to figure out exactly where the leak is coming from.

When the dealer is installing things like rear remotes or third function valves, etc, a fitting may have not been tighten all the way and it may leak, or an o-ring can get pinched. Things like that can easily happen and the oil can sneak in to the weirdest spots and makes it hard to figure out exactly where it's coming from.

Can you provide us with a picture of the area you're looking at?
I'll get it up on ramps weekend. I am hoping, it's leak from the top.
Drips from the very bottom of the rear differential bell housing.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak
So I took flashlight and went to take a looksie here and there. Surely enough, I pulled dipstick from the rear axle.
Not even a sign of oil on it. 7 hrs of running on ticker. I could have fried entire rear axle.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak #6  
Are you checking the level with the loader up or down? Same for the 3 pt. Make sure everything is down so you don't get false readings.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak #7  
Also make sure its on level ground, just a few inches will show it to be WAY off.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak
Loader is not mounted, I took it off Saturday.
Will this mean that few gallons of fluid is in the loader hydraulics? As I shined light inside transmission - it's transmission case, not differential - and there is none visible.
I checked user manual, it mentions not a word about checking fluid with or without loader. Just says to pull dipstick out and check.
Do I now have to mount loader on, run the system, lower loader and THEN check fluid level? Have bucket of fluid handy, just in case.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak #9  
Does your tractor have a dip stick or a round glass window next to the PTO shaft ??

/ NEW 3015 oil leak
Dipstick. And a weird, candy stick like yellow filler hole plug. That was another surprise - it is, actually, made out of some rubber type material. Does not have ribs to undo it and is very close to bell housing, so to screw it back in is a bit of adventure.