NEW 3015 oil leak

/ NEW 3015 oil leak #21  
Doesn't your tractor have a sight glass? There has been more than one person who has reported on this forum (myself included) that thinking the fluid level was low, they added fluid only to over fill it. I find the sight glass next to useless as the fluid is so clear you can't tell if it is showing fluid or not. When the level is above the glass it looks a lot like like it may be empty. In my case I had a leaky hose to my hydraulic top link., It leaked enough to make a mess so I assumed it was low because I was unsure what the sight glass showed. Long story short... It wasn't low on fluid.

I'd suggest you use a floor jack and slowly jack up the rear of the tractor until you see the top of the fluid level. If you don't see it do the same to the front of the tractor.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak
No sight glass. Just like the picture above, with orange umbrella handle.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak #23  
WHAT IS THE PROPER WAY TO CHECK TF LEVEL?

It should say in the manual. With some dipsticks you screw it in after wiping, with others you don't.

Did you try raising the front end?

You must have some oil in there or the hydraulics would not be working.... the trans fluid is also the hydraulic fluid (and the HST too if that's what you have).

/ NEW 3015 oil leak
OK, so here's new findings.
Front axle has no oil on dipstick. I checked several times - DS is bone dry and I DO KNOW how to check level on DS.
Transmission does have some fluid in it, just not all the way up to the DS. Why would I be raising tractor front, if it's level?
Posting pics of where the leaks are.
Yellow coupler also had some small leak. That's where they removed back hoe.
The other three pics point towards the leak coming from the R hand side, likely from that shaft and seeping down onto the transmission bottom edge.

Attachments

• 20210424_112638.jpg
    20210424_112638.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
  • 20210424_112652.jpg
    20210424_112652.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • 20210424_112708.jpg
    20210424_112708.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • 20210424_112850.jpg
    20210424_112850.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
   / NEW 3015 oil leak #25  
Have you topped of your transmission/hydraulic reservoir after checking the level?
The front axle level is not related to the other, many manuals will allow either multi-purpose
transmission / hydraulic fluid as an acceptable fluid, I do not believe that and always use gear lube.

Many tractors do not have a dip stick they use sight glasses and it can be difficult to see if the level is
above or below the sight glass tipping the tractor fore or aft will often cover or uncover the sight glass.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak #26  
Have you checked the hydraulic hoses above all those pictures?
Maybe one of them is leaking down on the castings, causing it to appear that the castings are leaking.
I have the same problem with a new 5520C in my shop with 8 hours on the meter, its a hose up above...

/ NEW 3015 oil leak
I dropped loader down to the floor and curled scoop up. ALL hydraulic cylinders are fully retracted. Only extra fluid is in hoses. That said, it took almost a gallon of hydraulic oil, to rich full mark on DS. Confident, transmission was under filled.
Front axle took about a liter of gear oil.
So, it's lousy fill at the factory and lousy dealer pre sale check out.
When I emailed seller that he sold me tractor with dry dipstick, his response was:
Before you make such an accusation you should make sure you understand the system you own.
The transmission and the rear end have a dual function of holding lubrication fluid as well as a reservoir for the same "Tractor" hydraulic fluid. The reservior supplies hydraulic fluid for the loader, three point, and hydrostatic trans. It supplies far more than you need to lubricate. The dipstick may not show fluid depending on the level of the reservoir which is influenced by the position of the loader and such.

Then he went icommunicado. Not even bothering to tell him that front end was also low on oil.
It is quite possible that it leaks from above but, the shaft, coming out and having oil droplets on its bottom, is dry from the top. Otherwise, everything else above it is covered by large metal bracket and body. I'll try again tomorrow but something tells me, it's that shaft. Picture #3 above post.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak
Question. Picture #4 in my post #24. Yellow coupling. It leaks oil quite well. Can I safely remove the piece and put oil resistant tape onto the threads? Safely as in - it's hydraulic line, I'd not want something heavily pressurized to blow oil all over garage.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-24 193547.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-24 193547.png
    791.2 KB · Views: 67
   / NEW 3015 oil leak #29  
I would think you need to work on the relationship with your dealer. I would not play the blame game as it really does not matter who's fault the leaks are. You most likely will need to take it to them to get these issues resolved.

You should not need tape on that fitting. It probably just needs to be tightened up a little.

/ NEW 3015 oil leak #30  
Question. Picture #4 in my post #24. Yellow coupling. It leaks oil quite well. Can I safely remove the piece and put oil resistant tape onto the threads? Safely as in - it's hydraulic line, I'd not want something heavily pressurized to blow oil all over garage.
No tape on any of those fittings. The 90 degree fitting (the silver one) seals with an O-ring to the remote block. While the 45 degree fitting ( yellow one) seals with a short 60 degree bevel to the mating bevel on the 90 degree fitting.

You can try and just pull the yellow fitting out, inspect for any dings on both bevels. If there any damage, you may need to replace both fittings, if no damage, just put it back together and tighten the yellow nut. No need to go crazy on the torque either. These usually seal pretty good by applying a decent amount of force at the end of the wrench.

I agree with K5 regarding the dealer relationship.