new 4035

/ new 4035 #11  
I made a 2000 pound concrete weight for the back of my 5035. My hoe only is about 1500, but sticks back a little more in spots. Probably could have just made one about 1700 and knocked off the top corners of the one when I made my form. 2000 is PLENTY..!!!! [ but the steel is all welded and encased in hardened concrete...so too late ] :)

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/219062-one-ton-3pt-ballast.html

/ new 4035 #12  
Another thing [ for what it's worth ] is that picking up one ton with the forks on my 5035 [ no hoe or ballast on the rear ] put just about no effective weight on my rear end. Trying to position that one ton quickly made my tractor teater on the front axle... with the rear end wanting to slid sideways due to the tractor pivoting on the front axle. So, remember that when you are figuring how much ballast you want planting your arse end down when you lift something with your FEL... I'd go 1200 and start from there. Unless you are going to add liquid ballast to the rear tires... [ there, done preaching for the day, sorry :) ]

/ new 4035 #13  
Finally a little over a year now, I've been waiting and now got my forever tractor on its way! Got a good deal I think on a leftover 4035 hst and loader. 24800 with taxes just couldn't come up with the extra for a jd 5045e.

Congrats on the purchase!!! I love mine, its the PST though. Tough tractor, very versatile, easy to operate, and looks really cool with a Construction Attachments grapple hooked up to it!!!! Why pay more for green paint? Best of luck with it! - Chris

:thumbsup:

/ new 4035 #14  
Not to highjack the thread but, Chris3055 what size CA grapple did you get ? Gotta 4035 PST also and will be getting a CAGrapple soon...

Rich

/ new 4035 #15  
It is the compact x-treme duty root grapple. I got their third function hydraulic kit alos. It all works flawlessly. It's one super cool man toy!!!!!:tractor:

/ new 4035 #17  
It's the 72" one. Sorry it took so long. Been busy ripping out a bathroom..... Honey do list strikes again!

/ new 4035 #18  
feel ya on the honey do list ! LOL !

No problems with the 72" ? Bet it is awesome...I'm gonna get the 60" Does CA now have a 3rd function kit for the 4035 ?

Rich