New 4150 is here!

/ New 4150 is here! #1  

mred2

Platinum Member
Tractor
iseki tl3200, JD 450H dozer, LS XR4150, Genie Z34/22N lift
The new 4150 was delivered on Friday. With backhoe, grapple, 3rd function, and hay spear. Here is the reason to let them deliver it. Drive left the store and had 2 flats less than 3 miles from their store.
The tractor is great. I put the grapple on the cleaned up two trees that were cut down in my yard in no time. It had no problems picking up an oak tree about 20 inches across and 12 foot long.
Dug a hole with the backhoe. It will take a little time for me to learn how to use it. My old case backhoe, was 3 sticks with foot swing. The ground was as hard as rock. Good news, I also sold my old Case backhoe for cash. Backhoe came off with no problems.
The grapple came with flat face connectors. Still learning how to release the pressure on the grapple. I set it down, kill the tractor, relieve the pressure on the loader, turn the key back on and toggle the switch for the 3rd function. They disconnect ok. When connecting backup, one of the hoses on the grapple end has pressure on it. I think this is due to me picking the grapple up first. I will try and connect the hoses first, before moving the grapple.
I moved and stacked about 45 rolls of hay in the barn. Worked until after dark last night.
I put almost 15 hours on it in 3 days. I will check on fluid levels, grease and do and good look over to make sure everything is tight before the next use. I think I will be real happy with my new LS.
I did order a service manual and an extra set of keys.

/ New 4150 is here! #2  
Congrats on the new XR4150. What was the cost of the tractor alone? Looking at purchasing an LS

/ New 4150 is here!
I am not sure. The complete package was $30,900. I got the XR4150 with shuttle shift, front end loader, and backhoe. I added a grapple at his cost, 3rd function, his cost, no labor, hay spear and canopy. I think the backhoe attachment was about $5000, but not sure. The whole package with tax was about $35,000. Not a great deal, but a good deal. The 3540 Mahindra was quoted at $27,000 plus $8900 for the backhoe, $35,900. That did not include the grapple, 3rd function, hay spear, canopy or tax. Three different Mahindra dealers, same price. I think if I was only buying the tractor, they would have dropped to price to about $24,000 plus tax.
But I have no problem with the dealer making some money, I want him to be there for me in the future.

/ New 4150 is here! #5  
Congrats on your new investment :thumbsup: share some working pics.

/ New 4150 is here! #6  
very nice! yeah, where's the pics???? ;)

/ New 4150 is here!
I will try and get some picture later. Too bad I have to work during the week.

/ New 4150 is here!
First regen at 35 hours. One light came on, I raised rpm to 2200, continued to put hay out. 2nd light came on. When I finished, opening gates, hauling hay and back again, time to shut gates, regen had finished with no issue. I do think there was a little difference in the sound of the exhaust. (more open)
Tractor doing great.
I was going to sell my old Iseki TL3200, but I am thinking of waiting until next spring. Or keeping it, putting the spray rig on it and using it. It is very old, new tires, still starts and runs, but slow to start in the winter, no FEL and parts can not be found. I am thinking that I would only get about $1500 or so for it, might be better to just use it.

/ New 4150 is here! #9  
Pics?
35hrs and no pics yet?!

Mine has 48hrs (xr4145) and still has yet to regen.

/ New 4150 is here! #10  
Pics?
35hrs and no pics yet?!

Mine has 48hrs (xr4145) and still has yet to regen.

he's put 35 hours on it in 4 days? and no pics? of course not, he hasn't been out of the seat long enough to take a picture :laughing: