New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info

/ New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
I owned a 955 for many years and recently took delivery of a 4410 eHydro, while I like the overall tractor some things are a real pain and was wondering if other people noticed the same things.
Observations:
1. Slow pedal response -there is a delay in the response to pedal movment, my 955 would respond instantly to pedal movement, this tractor has an annoying and perhaps un-safe delay. I push the pedal expecting the tractor to move when it dosen't I push a little more and then the tractor jerks forward. It is always the worse when changing directions.

2. Lack of torque reserve - It seems to fall off much faster then the 955 when under a heavy load.

3. C Range is unusable - this range is way too high if you try to run the tractor full out it lugs the engine down

All comments are welcomed.

/ New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info #2  
I think yours has "issues" I pointed your post out to some great jd techs who will give the best advice.

On the C range, try enabling LoadMatch and see if that helps...

/ New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info #3  
turbo36,

I will be watching this thread. I just recently tried out my father-inlaws new Jd 4610 and I experienced the same "delay" in the hydro peddle response. Something can't be right. I will say that going from the kubota rocker peddle to the JD twin-touch takes some getting used to. I hope someone here knows the fix.

winchman

/ New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info #4  
I noticed a lot of the same issues as you and I think after getting to know the machine a little more they will go away. At least they did for me. One thing to remember is that with the hydro, the foot pedal controls the transmission and is not for acceleration. Even in the "C" range going up a hill if I back off the pedal just a little it does just fine. Everything is telling you to step on the "gas" but it works just the oposite.
jimmo

/ New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info #5  
I've had a JD 4610 for two years now and haven't notice that problem. There is a switch called Motion Match that has two settings. One will start the tractor off slower and stop it slower and the other starts it faster and stops it faster.

Torque would be hard to compare between a 4410 and 4610 but no problems here.

As far as C range, it'll push the 4610 faster than I want to go. If I was on the highway it's not bad but bumpy pastures and dirt roads, I have to slow that baby down.

/ New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info #6  
Ever since deere has switched to the e-hydro "pedal responce" has been a big complaint, especially if you used to own a 55 series or strait 4000 series. This is because deere has eliminated the manual linkage from the pedals to the trans, it is all controlled by potentiometers and a small electronic control module. This is basicly something that you are gonna have to get used to.

/ New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info #7  
I also forgot to add that you C-Range problem may be from brake drag! In school deere told us that 80% or more of the 4000 series leave the factory with a brake drag problem!! So check your brake rods and make sure they are not to tight.

Your torque problem is normal, ever since deere has had to comply with more emmision standards the engines just havent been the same!

/ New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info #8  
I like the old TN series motor in my 990. Way more power than the 4300 I had prior. The TNE engine was good but the ol TN is better.

/ New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info #9  
I agree your issues are real, pedal responce is a large complaint, our dealership as most others are awaiting Deere's
answer. I agree, C range is way too high and of little use.
Also, please don't compare these to the *55 series, there will never be another as tough and bullet proof as a 955

/ New 4410 eHydro owner needs help/info #10  
Even on my geared 4300 in C range in gear 3 it was a bear to get up to top speed on the road if I did not shift from 2nd then to 3rd because it is geared to high and it will lug down the engine too much. I love the Deere's from the early '90s!