New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #51  
I have two saws now, a 242 Husqvarna and an 044 Stihl. Neither one leaks much, usually it's just residue on the bar that drips off when I put them away.. both old saws. I wouldn't trade either one for some of the new garbage cluttering up the shelves at the saw dealers' today.

Sean

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #52  
I currently have 2 saws both Husky 372XP, they are both good saws, mine is beat to heck the other which was my dad's is in much better shape, these are high end professional size saws, you cannot buy them at a big box store, they were around $800 last we bought them probably more now, they both leak a little when stored but I have never had one leak out a whole tank of oil. Husky, Jonsered and Stihl are all good saws when you buy the serious models from a saw shop, the Rancher models and what not are cheaper saws made for guys to do occassional tree trimming in their yard and cut a couple face cord of firewood, not the same quality, but some oil leak is something you will find in many saws regardless of model.

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #53  
I'd agree, but even the cheapy saws shouldn't leak oil. Husqvarna has a problem, and has had one for a number of years now.

Sean

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #54  
I'd agree, but even the cheapy saws shouldn't leak oil. Husqvarna has a problem, and has had one for a number of years now.

Sean
I've been running Husqvarna saws sine 2000 and none of them leak bar oil. No problems either and I have seven of them! :D