New 5010

/ New 5010
Bill, to start with, the top link will probably be fine. The cylinders may move a bit faster due to the larger pump capacity of the 5010. You can get some restrictor fittings from me if you want to slow that way down.

To check your side link though, have no implement hooked to the 3pt hitch and park on a relatively flat level surface.

Put the lower draft arms into the same pin hole in the lower clevis's.

Put the hydraulic side link at mid stroke.

With the hydraulic side link at mid stroke the draft arms should be very close to the same height. (within an inch or so) If they are this close, then you will be ok. The best thing to do is to install the OEM adjustable side link on the left side.

Once that is done then you can adjust the left side so that the lower draft arm matches the height of the right hand draft arm when it is at mid stroke.

You want to base everything off of the hydraulic side link being at mid stroke.That way you will have an equal amount of tilt to the left and right sides. If you cannot get the lift arms to match up when the hydraulic side link is at mid stroke, then the hydraulic link that you have will not work properly. The hydraulic side link really should be very close to what the fixed length side link is when it is at mid stroke.

From what I have seen, unequal tilt is a very common occurrence and most people don't seem to worry about it, but that does not make it right.

If you have any trouble, let me know, post some pictures, I will try to help you out. Actually I would like to see some pictures or your tractor and the "TnT" setup even if you do not have any problems or concerns.

I hope that it all works out for you, it sure would make things easier for you. ;)

Brian, THANKS much for the heads up on what to look for on the new unit. I did move the OEM adj side link on the old set up and planned on doing it for the new also. But what I NEVER did was set the Hdy side link up at mid point to gain left and right up and down. I only used the side link for right side down and would go back to full up then get down and use the OEM adj side link and manually get the left down adjustment I needed. I wish I knew about setting the Hdy side link at mid-point, what a time saver it would of been. As to posting pictures I will try once I get the new tractor home but I am photo challenged as to how and get them posted but I will try. If I can post pictures I will take a shot of the back blade with your HDC set up it is sweet and with my new 3 port remote valve set up no more moving hoses around!!! Bill

/ New 5010
Good evening all, well my 5010HST is sitting at the dealers right now. I took my Montana down this afternoon so they could switch the TnT set up over to the 5010. We are getting some snow here real light but loading and unloading my open seat Montana was a bit on the chilly side. So when I got into the Cab on the 5010 it was really something no wind no snow just warm,warm warm!! Boy I am sure looking forward to getting her out to see what she can do. The 2 extra remote valves the factory put on are the electric solenoid style seems like a nice set up. When I get her home I will take some pictures and try to get them posted.

Happy Days for me.

DHB:thumbsup: