new 5610 shut down while mowing

/ new 5610 shut down while mowing #1  

johns_dmax

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH Boomer 55, Bobcat Toolcat 5610
I just got a G series 5610, put a few hours on it moving hay around and general stuff around the barns. Today I started brush hogging with my 5' cutter on the PTO, don't have a hydraulic cutter yet. Everything was working fine for about 30 minutes when I got an alarm going off and several lights on the dash lighting up. The error code reads 64-04 but I don't see that one in my manual. Anyone know what's wrong? I still have power but can't start it.
TYI

OK just went back out and took another look at it, code is 66-04 ECU no communication.
Guess I get to see how good our local service dept is.

Last edited:
   / new 5610 shut down while mowing #2  
I'm not familiar with that. My first thought, when mowing, was that it overheated but then that code would be MO something I think and your gauges would tell you it's too hot. Make sure your ground is attached firmly. When I got my new 5600 in December 2013, it had loose hydraulic fittings on the main pump. It must have been built on a Friday or Monday. :)

/ new 5610 shut down while mowing
Wasn't at it long enough for it to overheat. I looked it all over and everything looks good.
I just got off the phone with the service guy, they're going to send a truck out asap.
thanks

/ new 5610 shut down while mowing #4  
Curious,I am still considering a new 5610 and wondering if your issue was resolved and what it was ?

/ new 5610 shut down while mowing
It turned out to be a loose connector and blown fuse to the ECU.
The machine is solid and works well for what I've done so far with it. I've moved hay, used my 7' landscape rake to drag the riding arena, and the one time mowing with the PTO brush hog. I'll try that again and see how it goes.

I did order the service manual so I can get a better understanding of how it all works.
I'm happy with it and am sure it will work well once I get all the bugs worked out.

/ new 5610 shut down while mowing #6  
Oh good, nothing serious. Thanks for posting the results.