New Aluminum Trailer

/ New Aluminum Trailer #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
I posted some pictures of my JD Tractor in the JD discussion group and had so many comments on my trailer I decided I should post some photos in the trailer section.

It is a Featherlite model 3110 car hauler- 8' 6" wide by 17' 6" long.
The GVW is 7,000 lbs and the empty weight is 1,400 lbs.

Attachments

• ontrailer (Large).jpg
    ontrailer (Large).jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 525
  • trailer2x.jpg
    trailer2x.jpg
    760.4 KB · Views: 1,033
  • trailerx.jpg
    trailerx.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 392
  • trailer1x.jpg
    trailer1x.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 394
   / New Aluminum Trailer #2  
That's a very sharp looking package you have there turbo36!:)

/ New Aluminum Trailer #5  
I've never seen an aluminum trailer like that before. That's the cat's meow! It even has d rings installed on the bed and no rust from those salty winter roads.

/ New Aluminum Trailer #6  
Just looking at that trailer makes me drool. I have been looking around for an aluminum trailer (road salt in Western PA is terrible on steel trailers) and haven't been able to find very many that will filt my uses. I think that one will fit all the uses that I have planned: hauling ATV's and MF GC2310. Do you mind publishing what you paid for that trailer?

/ New Aluminum Trailer #7  
turbo36 said:
I posted some pictures of my JD Tractor in the JD discussion group and had so many comments on my trailer I decided I should post some photos in the trailer section.

It is a Featherlite model 3110 car hauler- 8' 6" wide by 17' 6" long.
The GVW is 7,000 lbs and the empty weight is 1,400 lbs.

Do the axles have any springs; or are the axles fastened to the frame? It is a beauty!

/ New Aluminum Trailer
archerynut said:
Just looking at that trailer makes me drool. I have been looking around for an aluminum trailer (road salt in Western PA is terrible on steel trailers) and haven't been able to find very many that will filt my uses. I think that one will fit all the uses that I have planned: hauling ATV's and MF GC2310. Do you mind publishing what you paid for that trailer?

$4,895 - I know that is about twice what a cheap steel trailer cost but I have had many Featherlite trailers in the past and after 5-7 years of use got 60-80% of the original price back when I sold them. If you can get past the initial price then the cost of ownership is very low when spread out over a few years.
I've hauled quads and my Polaris Ranger many times as well as lawn tractors and find this to be the perfect trailer.

/ New Aluminum Trailer
machmeter62 said:
Do the axles have any springs; or are the axles fastened to the frame? It is a beauty!

What I liked most about this trailer is that is uses the rubber torsion axle instead of the typical steel springs. The axles mount to a steel frame that "cradles" the trailer bed.

/ New Aluminum Trailer #10  
turbo36 said:
What I liked most about this trailer is that is uses the rubber torsion axle instead of the typical steel springs. The axles mount to a steel frame that "cradles" the trailer bed.

Thanx for the reply. Is there an equalizer between the two axles for traversing rough roads? I followed a double axle "lowboy" car trailer over a slightly rough road; the trailer was empty, which resulted in "severe bouncing" at relative low speed? That trailer had no suspension, which would also cause a lot of jerking for the tow vehicle? The manufacture also stated they would customize a trailer to your specifications, would that include conventional springs? Once again, thank you in advance.

LEE