New B21!

/ New B21! #1  

Trigger

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B21
I know your probably thinking "Why the heck didnt he get a B26?". Well I feel like I got a pretty good deal, as well as 1k rebate and 0%.

I have only a small piece of land anything over a BX is probably overkill however I have quite a few stumps to remove. I know it doesnt compare to a "real" backhoe in capability (nor myself to a "real" operator). But it sure is fun :D

I have put 16 hours on in a couple weeks:
Dug 2 stumps out.
100ft drainage ditch.
Various leveling and brush clearing.
Moved 15 tons of topsoil.
And moved 7 pallets of landscape block for the wifes flower garden.

I lurk here everyday so most of you dont know how many questions and advice you helped me with. But thanks!!!

Ill try some pics:

Attachments

• Delivery.JPG
    Delivery.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 691
  • 15 minutes after delivery.JPG
    15 minutes after delivery.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 691
  • Stump 2.JPG
    Stump 2.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 597
  • Stump 2 again.JPG
    Stump 2 again.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 574
  • Pile.JPG
    Pile.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 618
   / New B21! #2  
Trigger, congratulations on the new B21. They are super machines and the dealers are starting to run low on them now that the B26's have come on the scene. Best of luck with it and one can see you are getting some seat time already. Thanks for the pictures. :)
The Gotcha Man

/ New B21! #3  
Nice looking Tractor...

I really like the "Armoured" hood feature of the B21... I wish the B26 was built as strong!

/ New B21! #4  
Trigger, sure nice looking tractor. This was my initial choice but could not swing it now. Went with BX24 and really like it. Some day will move up by then, probably there will only be a B26.

Have a good time with it...I too have done almost same regiment with my 1 month old BX24.

/ New B21! #5  
I know it doesnt compare to a "real" backhoe in capability (nor myself to a "real" operator). But it sure is fun

And it dug out "real" stumps, didn't it?;)

/ New B21!
The second one took me quite a while, but it felt pretty good when I finally got it out.
I have heard quite a few people on here say that a smaller tractor can (most of the time) accomplish the same things it just takes longer. So far that is true.

/ New B21! #7  
I've dug up a lot of stumps with my BX23 the last year. Heck, I've even pushed over a few dead trees with it! (ok, so they were only evergreens 6 inches in diameter :p ) Still impressed the neighbors. :D

/ New B21! #9  
I see a lot of people trying to justify the purchase of a backhoe. I justified mine by saying I wanted it and after digging out a couple of stumps I knew it was worth every penny. More fun that a cruise or expensive vacation and unlike a cruise or vacation when I am done having fun I still have the backhoe! When I saw the picture title "Stump 2 again" I thought you were having so much fun that you buried it so you could dig it back up again. Enjoy a great machine!

/ New B21! #10  
I could create a long list of projects requiring a backhoe on our homestead. It is difficult to imagine any property not benefitting from the addition of a BACKHOE.

I gain inspiration each time someone posts images of a recent achievement using their backhoe. We have narrowed our short list to the BX24 [new] and the B21 [used]. Either one will be perfect for our needs.

BTW, is there a known THUMB for the B21 tractor? fixed or hydraulic?

Thanks,
The Gardener