New B2400 owner.

/ New B2400 owner. #1  

Behrend II

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XG3140H
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a B2400 with about 600 hours. This is my first tractor and any basic info anyone can think of will be greatly appreciated. I had the tractor looked over at my local dealership and had all the fluids changed. Just basically wanted to say "hello" and look for any "must know" info. about the B2400. Thanks.

/ New B2400 owner. #2  
Make sure to grab an owners/user manual. I got my B8200 used(a little older than your B2400, but same size) but the dealer was able to get the owner and service manual easily.

That manual will have the info on your tractor. I think mine was around $15. The Service manual was more, like $45. FWIW, my tractor is 20 years old with 1050 hours(had 425 when I got it 10 or so years ago), and has not required any major work. All it has had is regular fluid and filter changes.

/ New B2400 owner. #3  
Congratulations on your new toy...err Tool!! I bought mine a couple of years ago with 850 hrs and I'm around 1150 now. The only problem I've had with mine was a leaky o-ring at the front axle pivot. The issue was self induced by placing 400lb lawn roller in bucket with the mower still attached and driving down a large hill on front tires in 4wd. The rears weren't touching the ground and this put a tremendous load on the front axle!! Tractor 1500, mower 375, FEL 700, lawn roller 400=2975lbs riding on front axle!! Anyway, I purchased the Workshop Manual and was able to fix the problem myself. If your mechanically inclined at all, it's the best $75 you can spend. Other than that, change the oil regularly, grease as often as possible and enjoy your new tractor. Kubota's are notorious for there durability and if you never need anything larger, your tractor should be the last one you'll ever buy!

/ New B2400 owner. #4  
If you PM me, I'll send you my electronic Parts Manual for the B2400.

Overall, you should be in good shape with this unit. It doesn't seem to have the small problems that the BXs had.

I'd like to advise you to remove the rear wheels. Then remove the mounting flange from the axle. Clean the axle and the clamp halves and put it all back on.

It's a no brainer to do but it IS important. The clamps tend to loosen over time and then the wheel will squeak while driving. The clamps will go back on two ways so don't worry about alignment.

I think the nuts which hold the clamps are too soft. The clamps are soft and I can understand why. But the soft nuts always seem to loosen. The bolts don't seem soft or elongated (which is what usually causes loosened bolts)but I can see compression on the nuts. Either way, make sure they are very tight. I don't remember the torque spec. After I figure this out a couple years ago, I have just let my air hammer tighten them (about 110 ft-lbs). Since I swap tires twice year I can watch over things. One day I'll replace the bolts and nuts...