New boom arm sickle mower for 2018.

/ New boom arm sickle mower for 2018. #1  

prs

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 650, Ventrac 4500Z AJ02248
Looks extraordinarly expensive, but wonderful! I have long ditchlines and road banks and bad back too.

prs

/ New boom arm sickle mower for 2018.
Or more. But......

/ New boom arm sickle mower for 2018. #4  
Where are you seeing this?

/ New boom arm sickle mower for 2018. #7  
Very nice! I'm sure well beyond my price range. I just bought a 4 foot hydraulic sickle bar you can mount on a variety of things. It is supposed to cut grass and material up to 1-1/2". After twenty minutes trial on a variety of stuff (up to max) half the teeth were gone! Curious what ventrac uses for teeth. It's the thing mounted on my loader. At two grand CDN, plus hoses, it's probably a better bet. Just got to get the knives figured out.

It seems you can get teeth for grass, and teeth for wood, (not from this particular vendor) but not something that will do both, which most people (like me) would want.

busted sickle.jpg

Last edited:
   / New boom arm sickle mower for 2018. #8  
   / New boom arm sickle mower for 2018. #9  
   / New boom arm sickle mower for 2018.
Yep, I have replaced quite a few teeth back when we used a sickle bar to mow hay. I still have my little home made anvil, cold chisle, and ball peen hammer. Broke a few Pitman bars too. Ventrac is cutting brush with it, but my chief need is road-side ditches and banks where I am currently using commercial string trimmer. Getting too old to do so much of that.