New Build Plumbing Costs

/ New Build Plumbing Costs #1  

Pettrix

Platinum Member
Pricing has gone up quite a bit since I last built in 2017. I got a proposal from a plumbing company to do the plumbing work on a 2 bath, kitchen, on a 1,700 sqft home. They quoted my $10k for the rough in, trim and top out. This DOES NOT include any fixtures (toilets, sinks, water heater, etc) as I have to provide those. Back in 2017, a similar 2 bath, kitchen project costed me $6,500.

I know material has gone up but I am sure there is a lot of "fat" there in the $10k proposal. Maybe $2k in pex and ABS piping and the other $8k is labor.

Does that $10k seem out of line today or about right in today's costs?

/ New Build Plumbing Costs #2  
Just a wild guess but sounds about right to me. I am sure a little fudge factor is built in. I would get another estimite from a contractor in the area, then you will know for sure. Tubing and connectors probably $1000 and the rest being labor.

/ New Build Plumbing Costs #3  
Plumbers are at $150/yr these days in my area. Is the drywall in place? You say new build but now finished is it?

/ New Build Plumbing Costs #4  
I will soon find out if that is today's prices. I talked to a builder yesterday. They are working on costs.

/ New Build Plumbing Costs #5  
That sounds reasonable to me, it wouldn't hurt to get another quote.

/ New Build Plumbing Costs #6  
Pricing has gone up quite a bit since I last built in 2017. I got a proposal from a plumbing company to do the plumbing work on a 2 bath, kitchen, on a 1,700 sqft home. They quoted my $10k for the rough in, trim and top out. This DOES NOT include any fixtures (toilets, sinks, water heater, etc) as I have to provide those. Back in 2017, a similar 2 bath, kitchen project costed me $6,500.

I know material has gone up but I am sure there is a lot of "fat" there in the $10k proposal. Maybe $2k in pex and ABS piping and the other $8k is labor.

Does that $10k seem out of line today or about right in today's cost

I am in Western WA - but up here that would be on the cheaper side. Parts have become so expensive. Last year a neighbor had a repipe done on a home and paid $30k - the house is 2600 sq ft. He received several quote. Repipes have more labor.

/ New Build Plumbing Costs
Plumbers are at $150/yr these days in my area. Is the drywall in place? You say new build but now finished is it?

It's a brand new upcoming build. Waiting on permits to break ground.

/ New Build Plumbing Costs #8  
I’m a builder and I pay my subs $450 a drop. A bathroom with a shower, single sink, and toilet would be 3 drops so $1350. That includes the material but not the fixtures. Second story drops are $600.

/ New Build Plumbing Costs #9  
This is very regional & as others have suggested you need to get multiply quotes from reliable contractors... I'm a contractor in New England & if I could get the prices 4570Man is getting it would obviously be a fairytale around here (not that I doubt that is his pricing... just not going to happen here). Based on his model you would be at $3150 for 2 full bath (@ $1350 each) & a kitchen drop (for $450) on a single story home... So, for reference you could not get that done here for double ++ that including all the rough-in, drainage, venting & finishes (no fixtures included or permits included). So, again very regional... & the market is crazy.

It also sounds like you are pricing this directly (which is ok) but you are not going to get the same pricing that a contractor / builder gets from his sub-contractors he uses time after time.

IMHO... your best bet is to price multiple reliable (get references) contractors & make sure you compare their quotes & what they are including...