New Cub.. Am I going to be happy?

/ New Cub.. Am I going to be happy? #1  

JP11

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 2518
New to the Forum. Great info. Wife laughed at me.. Like i saw on another post.. these boards - tractor ****.

I've been saving for a while.. and finally broke down and bought a new tractor. I got a Cub Cadet 2518.

20HP Kohler V twin.

42inch two stage blower. and a 44in mower deck.

Driveway is about 125' long. One storm with my little 7hp walk behind was enough for me (plow truck guy retired)

Planning on keeping the Cub in my shed.. not a lot of hill.. but out in the back yard.. 75 feet of lawn to blow on my way out.

Will I be happy with this setup? Blower came with 4 suitcase weights and chains.

???

Thanks. JP

/ New Cub.. Am I going to be happy? #2  
I have a 10 year old Cub 1862 Garden Tractor with 18hp and LOVE that little thing. I think it has a 48" blower and a 54" deck? Whatever it is it is great. You will love your Cub.

/ New Cub.. Am I going to be happy? #3  
JP,

Welcome to TBN and the Cub family !! the 2518 is a solid performer, you will not have a problem with that machine.
You will be very happy, and you can find more info about Cubs in the Cub forum. Especially with my posts that may help you with improvements in general....It sounds like you got everything covered for what you need....

Ducati996

/ New Cub.. Am I going to be happy? #4  
Welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue"> Will I be happy with this setup? </font>

Do a comparrison...

First, wait for a 10" snowfall.

Second, shovel half the width of the 75' of lawn and 125' of driveway by hand.

Third, do the remaining half with your brand new tractor.

Fourth, ask yourself that question again! My guess is you will answer "YES!!!" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ New Cub.. Am I going to be happy?
LOL

I was never that hard core.

I had a 7hp 24inch cut walk behind that I bought used for 500 last year. My plow guy retired his truck.. So I thought I'd do it myself.

I could do it.. but it was way time consuming. Not worth spending my whole day messing with it.

Wife can lift the blower on the cub, due to the handle going up and down instead of pulling towards you.

Should be a good setup.

JP

/ New Cub.. Am I going to be happy? #6  
I think you will be very happy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New Cub.. Am I going to be happy? #7  
late to this thread, but will just tell u to read MOSSROAD'S post again! that should tell u if u will be happy.

/ New Cub.. Am I going to be happy?
NO FAIR!!

Im on the road this week. Wife is in Maine and has put HOURS on the cub.

I rode it all of .6 hours. Had to chew up some snowbanks.

Wife got 14+ inches of snow to play with.

I don't get home till Saturday. Pray for some snow.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JP

/ New Cub.. Am I going to be happy? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Had to chew up some snowbanks.

)</font>

Had to? or wanted to? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Cub.. Am I going to be happy? #10  
<font color="blue"> Had to? or wanted to? </font>

Sounds like me... I HAD to plow the inch and a half of snow off the driveway today /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(I hadn't been on the tractor for a month)