New Cub

/ New Cub #1  

lschultz

Bronze Member
Tractor
M6800 4wd
I just bought me a new Cub 2146.Its got a Linamar 14hp.I don't think they make this model anymore.All the ones that I have looked at lately have the Briggs Stratton engine on them.The engine runs fine,its quite.I think Linamar is made by Onan.Anybody got this engine on anything?Pros/cons?
And I will unhook that safety swith that stops the PTO when I find it.That is a pain in the a**

/ New Cub #2  
I have a 2140 that I bought in '94. It has a 14 hp Onan. The only thing I see about it that I don't like is the fact that it only holds one quart of oil. It hasn't been a problem, but I think a 14 hp engine should have more oil than that.

Good move disconnecting the PTO disconnect. Your mower clutch will thank you. The switch was under the left floorboard on mine.

/ New Cub
Well I only found two switches underneath.1-switch interlock brake and 2 switch snap mount-normally closed.That is the one I disconnected and I guess it was the wrond one.Started but when I went to engage the pto-nothing.So I connected it back up and everything works like it did.It was getting dark so I quit will look at it tomorrow when I get home.Looking in the parts manual that came with it thats the only two switches I can see besides the switch seat.I read somewhere on here that all you have to do is disconnect it.Maybe they changed something.Might disconnect it tomorrow and put a jumper on the two wires and see what happens.Any ideas?

/ New Cub
I got it disconnected.Its the one on the left side.I just took the whole switch out and tie wrapped it out of the way.