New Drills and Drivers you can customize with software

/ New Drills and Drivers you can customize with software #2  
Maybe someday they will invent an appless drill with a variable speed trigger.

:)

Bruce

/ New Drills and Drivers you can customize with software #3  
Sweet more crap that can break or malfunction. No body that actually works with power tools on a daily basis has time to play with their phone so their drill or driver work when they need it. Gimmick that other brands will follow.

/ New Drills and Drivers you can customize with software #4  
Does the app show where I left the tool last when I cannot find it? that would be the only useful feature IMO

/ New Drills and Drivers you can customize with software #5  
Nice, but my Makita impact driver has a button that I can use for torque reduction. It's my favorite driver. I use the feature more often than I had anticipated when I bought it.

/ New Drills and Drivers you can customize with software #6  
Now I like a good android app as much or more than the next guy, but I gotta tell you, I think this is just a gimmick. I can't imagine having to dig my phone out of my pocket to set speed or torque settings.. I need that on the tool so I can set it in a second. I am pretty happy with the way things work now. Unless there is something I am missing here, I think this is a solution looking for a problem..

/ New Drills and Drivers you can customize with software #7  
Is there tracking so you can locate the drill if its stolen (like my old Makita was).

Now that would be a great feature :cool:

I think it would be cool to be able to set a specific torque value if that's what you wanted when using cordless impact wrenches or drivers for mechanical assembly and not just use a limiter type range setting...if that is what it can do. :confused:

When I worked factory power transformer assembly we had air tools to assemble stuff with but everything was torqued with a torque wrench by a QAR inspector at final inspection. Many times we had to tighten things over and on the other side of that we could often strip or snap things too. There are limits to how much control one can with a tool have just using just a variable speed trigger switch. Too much, too little, no true repeat settings.

On a production line with various "technicians" that would be a good thing.

Many of these new tools (and not just Milwaukee) easily offer 2x and almost 3x times the torque now that similar tools were less than 5 years ago. The original 26xx series of drills before the brushless Fuel models were 450 - 550 inch lbs New Fuels are rated @ 1200 in lbs now. Impacts have gone from around only 1200 IPM up to 2200 IPM now in the same short time. The oldest 12volt li-on Milwaukee 2410 has more torque than my old Ni Cad 12v Makita and the M12 Fuel drill is just about as powerful as the 18 volt Makita 6347D which was a top of the line tradesman drill at the time.

Some of the One Key ads show it holding a set drilling speed for metal as just one of the applications. My old corded Makita drill had variable speed trigger adjustment and lock.

You don't usually see a trigger lock on new cordless drill/driver stuff

The current line up of stuff is quite enough for most people right now I would say! :eek:

Improvements and updates come down the line so fast lately you barely have time to put to good use what you already own never mind wearing it out! :laughing:

The manually adjusted 4th setting on the latest Fuel 2753 impact driver is to electronically vary the rpm when setting self tapping screws

And the new 4th setting on the latest 2754 3/8 sq. drive impact wrench now stops the impact in one sec. when a minimum tightening value is attained...that like that idea.

(I have been thinking that tool might be nice to have around the garage)

The range values on those run 30-75-220 peak (up 10flbs from gen 1) and the 1sec. shutoff and they are even smaller yet than the Generation 1 Fuel tools

The 2655B 1/2 impact wrench I have now is good enough for most of the things I use it for and has a wide torque range over the 3 electronic settings... 80-120-210.

The current 12V Fuel models only have 2 settings (in various torque ranges depending on model) as do those huge 2762, 2763, and 2764 wrenches. Pretty much like a hi or low and that's it. No M12 tools are part of this App nor are any of the larger impacts.

There is an AC Delco 1/2 drive impact out on the market that has a 6 position digital clutch with forward range settings from 60-500 ft lbs.

60-80-120-160-220-500 and 1100ftlbs reverse breakout

Last edited: