New England nor'easter

/ New England nor'easter #1  

daveinnh

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4310
First real storm for south-central NH.

Grid electric is causing blinking lights and occasional backup generator starting - I just replaced the battery yesterday (last changed out in 2013) and the Sanel's rep. (regional auto parts supplier) said that was his 3rd genset battery sale.

The forecast read more snow than we're actually receiving, so I'm not ready to plow 2" at dusk. I'll wait until sunrise Sunday to see what fell.

Happy winter!

/ New England nor'easter #2  
Rain, some flakes and now the wind is picking up. Not a storm by any means. The ground is still brown.

A real "Nor'incher". Not even a half inch of snow....

S. Vt.

/ New England nor'easter #3  
I thought the heavy stuff was coming today (Sunday) up in that area.

The forecast I have been seeing is 12-18". Possible isolated areas up to 24". WOW!

Wish we had it in Baltimore. nothing but some rain and wind here today.

/ New England nor'easter #4  
A good snow can be pleasant. I hope you don't get an ice storm.

/ New England nor'easter #7  
I guess we are in the jackpot section! 10 or more inches of heavy wet snow with high winds blowing most of the night. I made a pass earlier in the afternoon to open things up. Wind was strong enough to blow down a 6 inch tree branch into my driveway. Glad we didn't have anyone there st the time! Will be going out to do final cleanup as soon as I finish my coffee and it gets light out enough to see. I have enough lights but it is to early in the season and the ground is still not frozen. Don't want to cause a lot of damage.

/ New England nor'easter #8  
The Nor'easter was a bust here in Vermont..at least in central and northern Vermont...real bummer

/ New England nor'easter #9  
I'll 3rd that this was a bust in southern VT.

Maybe a couple inches above 3,000', all rain down lower. Wicked windy last night.

/ New England nor'easter #10  
Sorry you didn't get the snow you were looking forward to,
but I'm glad that I didn't get it.