New equipment storage barn

/ New equipment storage barn
Love it, exactly what I've been thinking about building, the size is similar to the shelterlogic I put up. Any idea what your total cost will be?
MT

Thanks!

The pad was $3700 and the building itself was $8000 for a total of $11,700. I spent about $200 or so on the sonotubes and concrete for the posts as well...so the entire project will be just shy of $12,000.

I'll probably run some electric out to it eventually but for now what Im planning to do is wire in a couple outlets and set up a plug that connects to them...then if Im working on something I need power for I can just run an extension cord out to it from my house and energize those few outlets temporarily.

/ New equipment storage barn #12  
Thanks!

The pad was $3700 and the building itself was $8000 for a total of $11,700. I spent about $200 or so on the sonotubes and concrete for the posts as well...so the entire project will be just shy of $12,000.

I'll probably run some electric out to it eventually but for now what Im planning to do is wire in a couple outlets and set up a plug that connects to them...then if Im working on something I need power for I can just run an extension cord out to it from my house and energize those few outlets temporarily.

Thanks, I shudder to think what our tax assessor would hit me for this, but I'm still hoping I convince the boss we need one.
MT

Thanks, I shudder to think what our tax assessor would hit me for this, but I'm still hoping I convince the boss we need one.
MT

I wouldnt think its much, at most your property value shouldnt go up more than $10-$12k, so depending on the tax rate in your town it shouldnt amount to much. Our tax rate is only $10 per thousand, so I figure my taxes will go up about $100-$120/year with it.

I'm not sure just how far he'd be willing to travel, but the guy who built mine is out of Milton, NH...kind of the opposite side of the state from you but he mills most of the wood himself and had just about everything pre-cut before he brought it to my property so he may be willing to travel to Enfield to build something similar. If you're really interested shoot me a private message, I can give you his contact info.

Overall I was super happy with him, we designed the whole thing over the phone/text over the course of about 6 months, and every time I wanted a change or had a question he'd respond fast with his thoughts and the cost. When the time came to build he did that entire building from beginning to end in exactly 3-days. Showed up around 7am every morning and was there till about 5 the first day, and 7pm the second and third days. I'll absolutely use him again for any future projects we do.

Couple updated shots, 100% finished up last night.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Few inside shot. Im working today-Sunday so I wont be able to start moving stuff in until Monday but I'll post some pics as I get shelves/benches/hooks up and things moved in.

enhance

enhance

/ New equipment storage barn #16  
Do you mind telling us how much is this project costing you? I want to do the same thing on a hunting property I just purchased. Thanks for the post!

/ New equipment storage barn #17  
I wouldnt think its much, at most your property value shouldnt go up more than $10-$12k, so depending on the tax rate in your town it shouldnt amount to much. Our tax rate is only $10 per thousand, so I figure my taxes will go up about $100-$120/year with it.

Thanks, we're $26/thousand here but the view tax we're already paying makes even an extra 3-4 100 untenable (we just got a new school here). I'll def keep this in mind though.
Isn't it great when you find a great craftsman that shows up and finishes jobs quickly? I've got the same kind of guy over here and in today's market he's a rare commodity.

Enjoy that barn it's a beauty!
MT

Do you mind telling us how much is this project costing you? I want to do the same thing on a hunting property I just purchased. Thanks for the post!

Sure, I posted the details a few posts up!

/ New equipment storage barn #19  
Very nice building. If me since you have nice level land and what appears to be straight line access from the house to the new building i would obtain a roll of underground # 10 wire and use a subsoiler, something like the Nortrac ( sub solier - Google Search ) and make a couple of passes where I wanted the wire and then use steel 0 clamps and clamp a two inch ninety degree gray plastic L to the rear of the subsoiler with one end pointing up and the other end fairly level with the point on the subsoiler and pointing to the rear and have someone feed the wire through while you place the wire down in the trench you prepared with the subsoiler. Then drive the tractor over the top of the hump and force it back down. Hope that was clear as mud at least.

Very nice building. If me since you have nice level land and what appears to be straight line access from the house to the new building i would obtain a roll of underground # 10 wire and use a subsoiler, something like the Nortrac ( sub solier - Google Search ) and make a couple of passes where I wanted the wire and then use steel 0 clamps and clamp a two inch ninety degree gray plastic L to the rear of the subsoiler with one end pointing up and the other end fairly level with the point on the subsoiler and pointing to the rear and have someone feed the wire through while you place the wire down in the trench you prepared with the subsoiler. Then drive the tractor over the top of the hump and force it back down. Hope that was clear as mud at least.

Thanks! I had to read it twice but that makes perfect sense to me and seems like a great way to sink a wire down without tearing up the property too bad or without much expense. I can probably buy the subsoiler and PVC piece for less than renting a trencher for a day.