New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!!

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #11  
Congratulations Chuck. Now, where is the mower, grapple, toothbar etc etc. Time for more purchases.:eek: I'll expect to see you hanging out in the attachments forum soon.:D

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #12  
Congratulations Chuck - we all know from reading your other post how happy you will be with this beast!

Enjoy!

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!!
IslandTractor said:
Congratulations Chuck. Now, where is the mower, grapple, toothbar etc etc. Time for more purchases.:eek: I'll expect to see you hanging out in the attachments forum soon.:D

Mower's on the way. I'm trying to decide on a grapple. Still leaning toward Millonzi but those Borgford grapples look really nice. Probably a lot more expensive though. I will be getting a toothbar. But let me tell you, that thing has some powerful digging capability without one. I don't know if I'll get one soon or wait until spring just in case it snows. I'm planning on getting the Markham welding toothbar. I'll tell you what, the price I was quoted on a 72" toothbar as opposed to an 84" toothbar when I was considering the m8540 is a very dramatic difference. It's much cheaper. Now my father-in-law wants me to get a rototiller because he has a garden at my place. And yes, I have been hanging out in the implements forum more.

It's pouring down rain today.:( It's supposed to rain all weekend then maybe turn to snow. This is very annoying. I got my tractor, then was working until 7 or 8pm every night, and now it's raining. I guess I could get it out of the barn and go 4-wheeling in the mud.

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #14  
Nice, Real Nice, Darn NICE! Like the color![/B]

Enjoy!!!

Thanks Wayne. Me too! I may have to go just gaze at it in the barn since the pasture is now a mud field with more rain coming down.

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #16  
Chuck, shouldn't you have changed your avatar by now??? :D

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #17  
Chuck, have you waxed your new baby yet?:rolleyes: Hey, let us know how that tiller thing goes. I've got a line on a used 96" John Deere tiller, but I have no use for it at this time. But I still want it, whats wrong with me?:confused: Your tractor sure looks nice. I hope that you get half of the chores done with it that you have thought of. You will be one happy camper.

Good luck

Taiser said:
Chuck, shouldn't you have changed your avatar by now??? :D

That's a good point!:rolleyes: I'm holding out 'til I can get some good daylight non-raining photos.

MtnViewRanch said:
Chuck, have you waxed your new baby yet? Hey, let us know how that tiller thing goes.

Nah, haven't waxed it yet. But if it keeps raining and I can't play with her I may have to go wax her in the barn. I've got a sneakin' feelin' I may be purchasing a tiller in a couple of months. I would like to get an 80" or 90" Howard. I'll keep you posted. But there are so many implements I'd like to get that I just can't stand it. I definately want a grapple very soon. But then I think I'd like a sprayer and a seeder to get the pasture in shape. Then if I do that I have to get a disk harrow and drag harrow. The only things that I would probably really put on the back burner would be snow plow, 3 bottom plow, and subsoiler. But then what if it snows or I "have" to expand the garden?!? I don't know, I may have to get a part-time second job to pay for these implements.:eek: Maybe someone will hire me to just drive around in circles on their property.:D

/ New Era Begins: m7040 Arrives!!! #19  
Glowplug said:
It's pouring down rain today.:( It's supposed to rain all weekend then maybe turn to snow. This is very annoying. I got my tractor, then was working until 7 or 8pm every night, and now it's raining. I guess I could get it out of the barn and go 4-wheeling in the mud.

What, are you big bad M owners a bunch of candy a$$es? You have a canopy on that puppy. Get out there and rearrange mud piles.:D

IslandTractor said:
What, are you big bad M owners a bunch of candy a$$es? You have a canopy on that puppy. Get out there and rearrange mud piles.:D

Hey, now that's an idea! My wife is out of town this weekend and I'm on call. She was kinda relieved that it has been raining and is going to continue for at least another day or so. She figures that'll keep me out of trouble on my tractor. But hey, there's all that mud out there that needs rearranging! That's a great excuse! Good test for the 4wd too!!:D