New Farm Toy

/ New Farm Toy #11  
They are sold in several configurations all over around here... All of them are the same basic machine...

I was going to buy one, but a buddy gave me three of them that he didn't need, here's one of them,

standard.jpg

they are a lot of fun...

SR

/ New Farm Toy #12  
Yep, the kids will love it. When our boys were first out here in the open country, we bought (mail order) one in a crate and assembled it. I think some of its parts are still laying around here somewhere. It wasn't as fancy as the one SR shows above.

/ New Farm Toy #13  
I had to talk myself out of buying that when I saw it at our walmart. I figure you can run the tire pressure real low and make the ride bearable. Let us know what you think of it after use.

/ New Farm Toy #14  
Picked up this yesterday on sale at Walmart for $399. Haven't ridden it yet but the reviews are good. Something for the kids to do when they visit and get bored. Should be fun.

View attachment 491768
thats nice, forget the kids i or my wife will be riding that! Does the wider tires make it a lot or stable than the old mini bikes i had as a kid in the late 60s and early 70s? Thats a good price too.

/ New Farm Toy #15  
I bought one from TSC for the grandkids a few years ago. They ran the daylights out of it the first year, most of the second year it was ridden very rarely, so I thought it might be fun to make my trips between the garden and the house.
I don't know how fast it really goes, but it seemed to me that it was going 30+mph down the farm lane! The front suspension smoother a lot of it out, but it still jumped over a lot of the bumps. The fat tires seemed to make it more stable, but the speed it wanted to run at was just too much for me, plus I couldn't carry any tools with me.
Now it's just sitting in the corner of the garage, waiting for the last grandson to get a little bit bigger, then I think I'll just let him take it home with him so the daughter can pay for the gas.

/ New Farm Toy #16  
Don't forget the helmet's! I spent many days on one years ago which turned into many years on a motorcycle. The motorcycle turned into an ATV once we got the farm, nowadays it's an UTV, the wife uses it more than i do.
We're waiting for more pics with the kids:thumbsup:

/ New Farm Toy #17  
Picked up this yesterday on sale at Walmart for $399. Haven't ridden it yet but the reviews are good. Something for the kids to do when they visit and get bored. Should be fun.

View attachment 491768

I pondered getting one last year just to go get the mail :thumbsup:

/ New Farm Toy #18  
I had a "mini-bike" when I was a kid, about 14-16. Hot-rodded the engine just a bit with a straight tube exhaust and a larger carb from a 2-cycle something or other. I must have put at least 100,000 miles on that thing just running around the neighborhood, plus occasional longer range excursions of several miles. It's a miracle I wasn't arrested. No license, no helmet, no fear! I still miss it (it was stolen).

/ New Farm Toy #19  
1482377022392.jpg1482377048335.jpg1482377076846.jpgI bought one recently used. Someone had put a harbor freight 6.5 motor on it. I re-did the engine mount, replaced brakes, replaced throttle grip, made clutch guard, removed the govenor, replaced chain, did some jet work, added air filter, made exhaust pipe and made a gas tank from a propane bottle.