New Farmall

/ New Farmall #11  
littlediesel . . . personally I would prefer an ABS plastic, thermoplastic or fiberglass hood. My Kubota B2910 has a nice dent in the hood that is just large enough to bother me, but cost too much to fix. The plastic hood on my Cub Cadet has lasted over 500 so far and has taken hits from numerous branches. I can't tell you how durable the hood is on my NH TC24D because nothing has smashed it (yet) but from what I understand, the Farmall DX hoods are the same, just painted red instead of blue.

/ New Farmall #12  
Magnum,
What was your impression of the Farmall DX33?
One of my biggest complaints was that you could not roll or curl the bucket on the up or down stroke of the loader.
It appeared that the hydraulic circuit could not perform 2 functions at the same time. The joy stick had to be returned to the home position before the next function could be performed.

None of my Kubota's operate like this. Again, this tractor is really nice. I am thinking about going to demo another unit at a different dealer. I would like to puchase one of these tractors.

Is there any users out there who has a lot of seat time on a Kubota who has compared it to the new Case IH machines? I would like a unbiased opinion of the two tractors.

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New Farmall #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( None of my Kubota's operate like this. )</font>

Jon, on my Kubota, both the manual and a sticker on the right upright below the joystick showed to not raise the boom and curl the bucket simultaneously; i.e., pull back and left on the joystick. You would not hurt anything doing that, but since you were opening two valves simultaneously, the power would go first to the one with the least resistance. If or when that one reached the limit of its travel, then the power would go to the other one. So you could raise the boom and curl the bucket simultaneously if the resistance on both was exactly the same. I wasn't too happy about that at first, but when I understood it and got used to it, there really was no problem.

/ New Farmall #14  
All righty then. I have had Kubotas for the past 16 years, and got a DX33 in late Dec. Here is my opinion, just remember it may not represent he views of the management. The Kubotas were a L2250 and L2900. Both shuttle shift, the 2900 a glideshift. Both EXCELLENT tractors. Very dependable and reliable. I have back trouble, the seat on the Case sets better than any I tried on Kubota. The Case is hydrostat,(highly recommend this option). It feels like the Case turns tighter than the Kubotas, however that could be me. I do feel the visibility on the Case is much better, and all the controls are easier to get at. The Case doesn't seem as long, but I think the reason for this is the slanted hood and you set higher. These reasons are not earth shattering. I wouldn't be afraid to get either brand. Will never knock a Kubota,but my Case rides better than any of the Kubotas I tried. I also happen to be a lard-butt, which can make any tractor ride rough. Hope I helped you, but you'll probably have as hard a time deciding as I did.

/ New Farmall #15  
The DX33 I had a chance to operate would raise and uncurl the bucket or lower and level out the bucket even at low engine RPM. It sounds like there something wrong with the valve on the particular tractor you operated. One upgrade on the new Farmalls is the ability to use both boom and bucket function at once, and still keep the power dump and speed dump functions for the bucket.

The one thing I really like on the DX33 is the visibility. My brother had a New Holland 1920 and a Kubota L2850, and you can see the bucket side edges and over the hood so much better than those tractors. The 1920 and 2850 are great tractors, the visibility is just so much better on the Farmall when you are in confined areas.

Hopefully you can get back to the dealership and operate a different tractor or find out if they can check out the unit you drove.