New find! Stout farm wagon

/ New find! Stout farm wagon #11  
Well, thank goodness - that spinner looks exactly like mine. I'm glad to know its making life easier....ha,ha. I'm going to have to start paying less attention to forward escape routes and more on backing.

/ New find! Stout farm wagon #12  
Here is another vote to hitch the wagon to the front of the tractor, much easier to back it up. :thumbsup:

/ New find! Stout farm wagon #13  
Nice insight & showing your similar trailers!

3LFarms, glad to know at least a little history on them! When I get the tires replaced, I'll try to do the bearings. Have you done them?

As I recall, they are pretty standard wheel bearings and a seal. The max towing speed was limited to 15 MPH, so they lasted forever. Just repack every couple of years.

/ New find! Stout farm wagon #14  
Double post.

/ New find! Stout farm wagon #15  
Typed a reply, clicked "Post Quick Reply", nothing happened. No error message.

Went to the Attachments forum, it didn't post. Came back to the reply and clicked "Go Advanced", typed the reply. previewed the post OK, clicked submit, got "Duplicate of previous post", transferred to the post, OK: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...stout-farm-wagon-post4747374.html#post4747374

Computer, W10 and Chrome.

Testing 1 2 3 testing, that happened to me last night also, but there was a short message that I don't remember.

/ New find! Stout farm wagon
3LFarms,

Yup, the placard did say 15mph top speed! Thanks, I'll try to repack when the new tires are put on. Look forward to putting it to work!

/ New find! Stout farm wagon #17  
We have a similar trailer on the farm and I found when backing it if you focus on the front axle of the trailer and drive it by watching the trailer tongue it is much easier, don't worry about what the tractor is doing just steer the trailer tongue.

/ New find! Stout farm wagon #18  
   / New find! Stout farm wagon #19  
We have a similar trailer on the farm and I found when backing it if you focus on the front axle of the trailer and drive it by watching the trailer tongue it is much easier, don't worry about what the tractor is doing just steer the trailer tongue.

Furbis you are absolutely Correct....

I drove for a freight company, pulling doubles down the road. I could back Two trailers and a converter dolly up and put the back trailer in a dock door. HOW????? You watch the dolly between the trailers. Not to brag, but I could Blindside those two trailers and hit the dock 9 out of 10 times. How? Watching the dolly. AND you had to start adjusting BEFORE the dolly went to far or you lost it and had to pull forward to get back trailer to go where you wanted.

Smokin'

/ New find! Stout farm wagon
smokinmad- my hat's off to guys like you that can back them up. I knew to focus on the dolly but still, that's pretty hard! You must get extra pay to do mad skills like that!

I just ordered replacement tires and look forward to getting it back in shape. I greased the broad pivot point Bet it has been years since it was greased because it pushed water out! Now it turns very easily & quietly.