New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware

/ New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware #1  

Western

Tractor
Kioti DK 35 now
Since I keep my Firefox auto update set to manual, you'd think I would have been smart and checked the web for others responses to the update prior to allowing it to install, BUT NOOOOO. I updated and spent most of the day trying to find what the problem is and so are several other 1000 Firefox users.

I haven't had the crashes, but the constant hanging when loading pages, have to restart my internet connection to time it out.

The update also isn't compatible with allot of add 0ns and extensions and from what I can tell Firefox has left it up to everyone else to build around there tech. at least that's who they blame. Even Java console is incompatible if you use it. My Bitdefender anti phishing extension also is "incompatible"!

After going through all my add-ons and extensions looking for possible trouble along with making sure they where up to date, also trouble shooting Javascript errors now. I ended up going back to the previous version . It was easy, kept all my Bookmarks and is running great so far.

Just wanted to give fellow Firefox users a heads up, while YMMV, I would let them work the "bugs" out , check the peer reviews then upgrade.

/ New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware #2  
I've had problems with mozilla and IE, Google Chrome to me is the fastest and least troublesome out of the 3.

/ New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware #3  
Another + for google chrome.

/ New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware
I tried Chrome once, didn't take. I may have to give it another look if this keeps up. According to what I read today on various forums, is this is common on Chrome too, but persistent on IE. As far as update releases go.

/ New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware #5  
Updated to 8.0.1 on three computers over a week ago, not a problem with any of them. Java stuff has been broken for a while now, but I don't get any errors. All my pc's are 3 to 5 years old, but were pretty much top of the line spec wise when they were new. Hope this helps.........

/ New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware #6  
1) Know what you've got.
2) Know what you are doing.
3) DO READ the release notes
3a) DO UNDERSTAND the release notes.
4) See 1) above.
5) See 2) above.

6) Ta Dahh; No Problemo (-:

/ New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware #7  
I don't remember the last time I ever saw an "upgrade" as being better then what I'm using now... many year's ago, yes but I'll stick with Firefox 3.6.23 with ad blocker plus.

With google chrome, can you block the ads? (I wouldn't think google would not let that happen).

/ New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware
I'll also stick with 3.6 until the bugs get worked out. I'm sure there are many pc's that upgraded that don't have the problems, of course they usually don't go online and post a "success". Also I doubt there are 2 PC's exactly the same as how they may react to various updates. Either way it has issues and I generally never update without checking it out, but this time I dropped the ball.

/ New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware #9  
Im of the opinion...if it works well ... DONT EVER UPDATE. Nearly every time i had updated in the past i have made something else not work. Not worth the effort to mess with a good thing. Besides, every time you update they usually include garbage that you never wanted anyways...lots of useless and possibly invasive crap.

/ New Firefox update 8.0.1 Beware #10  
teg said:
I don't remember the last time I ever saw an "upgrade" as being better then what I'm using now... many year's ago, yes but I'll stick with Firefox 3.6.23 with ad blocker plus.

With google chrome, can you block the ads? (I wouldn't think google would not let that happen).

I get no pop up ads with Google