New forum ideas

/ New forum ideas #1  

forgeblast

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deer 318
I was wondering if we should add some new forums.
Gardens would be a good one
Alternative energy would also be a nice one to have.
Any other ideas?

/ New forum ideas #2  
I wish there were a 'snow removal' forum. I have no interest in the topic, but I see several members do. Yeah, it would be mostly seasonal, but it should get all those snowblower/blade threads off several other boards.

Jack

/ New forum ideas #3  
I have posted a number of times in the "News/Feedback". There should be a cooking forum. I know CBN has one, and I have been a member there since the beginning. But it is a much less traveled forum. And I am always poking my head in over here on TBN. Having been here since '98 or so, when it was the old Kubota web site, it would have been nice to have the whole time.

Having just put solar on the house, electric and hot water, an alternative energy forum would be nice. Gardening would be too.

In the "News/Feedback" forum, there is a similar thread right now. I am cautious, as a few others noted thee, of the website being overwhelmed with forums though.

Maybe that is why Muhammad and Hakim have kept CBN and HBN going... Possibly they need to advertise those sites better, where some of these forums exist. Would still like to see some of the above mentioned on TBN though.

/ New forum ideas #4  
I wish there were a 'snow removal' forum. I have no interest in the topic, but I see several members do. Yeah, it would be mostly seasonal, but it should get all those snowblower/blade threads off several other boards.

Jack

I like that idea, I like plowing, pictures of plows and plowing, videos of plowing, maybe a snow thread would keep the kind of plowing topics that I'm not interested in that thread. It's disappointing to me to look at a plowing thread and it ends up being about SNOW.:thumbsup:

/ New forum ideas #5  
I would like to see a "Hauling Schedule" type forum added to assist TBN members in moving equipment around the country. Ken Sweet

/ New forum ideas #6  
I like that idea, I like plowing, pictures of plows and plowing, videos of plowing, maybe a snow thread would keep the kind of plowing topics that I'm not interested in that thread. It's disappointing to me to look at a plowing thread and it ends up being about SNOW.:thumbsup:

It is definatally a seasonal topic for sure. I am a member of plowsite.com, and I only visit in the winter. It is dead the rest of the year.

And since they added the chainsaw section, I am in hog heaven.

But I dont pay too much attention to which sections things are posted in. I just click "todays posts" at the top and browse through the thread titles and click on the ones that peak my interests. I rarley actually go to a section to look for things to read. Only time I do is if I am starting a new thread.

/ New forum ideas #8  

Jack

Agree with you...one of the reasons I also belong to LMF is the snow removal forum. Having one here would be a GREAT IDEA.

/ New forum ideas
The cooking and plowing are great ideas too.
I was thinking the gardening could be broken down in to sections/zones so that you could find the help you needed quickly.

/ New forum ideas #10  
My wife is teaching a soils class next month for her local Master Gardener monthly public lectures. Could have links to papers like that in a gardening section.

Do you have a local Master Gardener office in your part of Pa? Excellent gardening resource.

Gardens would be a good one