new from NH

/ new from NH #1  

brianNH

Tractor
IH B-414, JD 2320, JD Gator, Cat 307B
Hi all,
Greetings from New Hampshire. I found this site in a search to find out what HST & PST meant with Mahindra tractor models (I found what I sought).
Looks like lots of good info and topics here.

I just started looking for a new tractor because I'm tired of nursing along my old I-H B-414.

I was going to get a new Kubota Friday, but then I ran aground with issues over not being able to get one with the tires/wheels I want. Now I'm thinking maybe Mahindra. I'm also rather leery of the new Kubotas, with the emissions junk that requires you to race the engine all the time. Seems nutty to me, not to mention counter-intuitive for emissions & fuel economy. The even weirder thing with Kubota is that they apparently never heard of anyone using tire chains, so you can't get any tractors, at least not new ones, with ag tires that will take chains because they build the fender clearance too close. So, if you want chains, you have to go with industrial tires, which aren't going to work as well when it's not winter. I'll check with the Mahindra dealer Monday. For starters, they are heavier per HP than others (and I need weight), and they claim their engines don't need DPF Diesel Particulate Filters, which I understand is the technology behind the need to always be racing the engine. Plus a friend told me today that, when this DPF filter needs replacement, it's like $2000. If a Mahindra will take chains on ag tires, I'll be sold. Otherwise, I may get an older, pre-DPF, used Kubota.

/ new from NH #2  
Welcome! I am newer tractor owner from NH. I purchased my Mahindra eMax 22 from the Mahindra dealer in Warner in June, 2021. I had spent a month or so trying to find Kubota or Deere options, but none were available. I then started looking for other options and called around. The Mahindra dealer had just gotten in a bunch of “leftover”, previous-year tractors from a dealer in Texas.

I’ve been very happy with the tractor, and the new tractor owner support I have gotten from the dealer. Even with my smaller tractor, I have definitely benefited from the “heavier per HP”, since it is mainly used for loader/pallet fork activities, snow plowing and backhoe usage. The price was also excellent.

From what I’ve read on here, the $2000 filter is supposed to be good for something like 10,000 hours. For most of us, that would never be an issue.

I don’t think you could go wrong with a Kubota, but I’m glad I ended up with my Mahindra.

/ new from NH #3  
Welcome Brian!

I am not sure what you mean when you say that Kubotas can’t take chains? I have an L3301 with ag tires, and am running chains on all 4 tires right now for plowing snow. No real issues. With the ag tires, I can set up my rear tires at different widths. I currently have them set “wide as they go“; and there is lots of clearance. I would think that there could be more of a clearance issue with the industrial tires; not the gas. My tractor had 250 hours on it when I bought it; has 455 hours now. I have experienced no emissions systems related problems. I really only idle at startup and shutdown. The one thing that I don’t like about my tractor is that it is difficult to use independent brakes for steering aid with the treadle peddle.

Jack

/ new from NH #4  
Welcome to TBN.
Try another Kubota dealer like Townline Equipment.
You could have set rear tire spacers added for the tire you want and chains.

/ new from NH #8  
Welcome to TBN Brian and good luck on your tractor search.

/ new from NH #9  
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find the right tractor with the help around here :)

/ new from NH #10  
Welcome friend, you won't find a better place to answer your questions.