new from NH

/ new from NH
Welcome Brian!
I am not sure what you mean when you say that Kubotas can’t take chains? I have an L3301 with ag tires, and am running chains on all 4 tires right now for plowing snow. No real issues. With the ag tires, I can set up my rear tires at different widths. I currently have them set “wide as they go“; and there is lots of clearance. I would think that there could be more of a clearance issue with the industrial tires; not the gas. My tractor had 250 hours on it when I bought it; has 455 hours now. I have experienced no emissions systems related problems. I really only idle at startup and shutdown. The one thing that I don’t like about my tractor is that it is difficult to use independent brakes for steering aid with the treadle peddle.
Jack
The chain clearance issue isn't with width - it's with height. Maybe the Ls have more clearance than the Ms - I'm not sure. A friend of mine here in town just got a M7060 this summer. He ordered it with chains. Come late fall and he wanted them to mount the chains, it came out that you can't put chains on over the ag tires, because of the fenders. The tires fit up inside the fenders, and there's no space. He was NOT a happy camper that the sales girl sold him a combination that did not work. Townline had to take the tractor back, swap out all 4 ag tires for industrial so the chains would go on, and my friend had to pay extra for the different wheels & tires.

I've ended up with the M5660 being my main choice, and the same sales girl my friend had is saying "no chains over ag tires". She's also saying I can't get liquid filled in the front tires. If you look at pictures of the M60 tractors with ag tires, you can see how tight the tires are up inside the fenders.

Another friend has an older M9000 and he says it has chains and liquid filled on all 4. Maybe Kubota is building new ones with tighter fender clearance now.

Maybe I need to try a different dealer with hopefully a more knowledgeable sales person. I'm going to Townline tomorrow - we'll see what new info she has. I'll ask about wheel spacers, but these are wide tires (14.9-28), so spacing them outside the fenders would add 2.5 feet to the width, and I don't think I'd want it that wide, plus she probably has some reason I can't do that, either.

I have some experience with the emissions issues because Townline provides new demo tractors for the Cornish Fair, and I drive the "People Mover", a wagon with seats towed by a large tractor. More than once, I've had to shut it down and call for the dealer to come fix their tractor because I have alarms going off. It gets fixed by letting the tractor just sit there with the engine screaming for awhile, then they tell me to run it several gears lower so the engine is always screaming. Apparently you can't just drive these new tractors like an ordinary tractor - you have to have them revved up much higher than any other tractor I ever used. Maybe it gets exacerbated because I am trying to pull these People Movers gently so people aren't bounced out of their seats, and so the engine isn't screaming so much I have to wear ear protection. Only the newest tractors seem to have the problem.

/ new from NH
Welcome! I am newer tractor owner from NH. I purchased my Mahindra eMax 22 from the Mahindra dealer in Warner in June, 2021. I had spent a month or so trying to find Kubota or Deere options, but none were available. I then started looking for other options and called around. The Mahindra dealer had just gotten in a bunch of “leftover”, previous-year tractors from a dealer in Texas.

I’ve been very happy with the tractor, and the new tractor owner support I have gotten from the dealer. Even with my smaller tractor, I have definitely benefited from the “heavier per HP”, since it is mainly used for loader/pallet fork activities, snow plowing and backhoe usage. The price was also excellent.

From what I’ve read on here, the $2000 filter is supposed to be good for something like 10,000 hours. For most of us, that would never be an issue.

I don’t think you could go wrong with a Kubota, but I’m glad I ended up with my Mahindra.
Good point about the 10,000 hours. I'll be long gone long before that. Thanks for the Mahindra info. I'm going to call Knox in Warner tomorrow & see what they say.

/ new from NH #13  
3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!

/ new from NH #14  
Welcome to TBN enjoy