New garage time!

/ New garage time!
#1,121  
Heck, I'd consider using it as an elevator, parking it semi-permanently in the stairwell, and keeping the battery charged.

Good find.

That's the plan for now. Use it to haul stuff up and down. 750lb capacity as well.

I'm realizing there's something I really don't understand how this battery system works. It's 4x 6v deep cycle batteries. Interstate Batteries | GC2-ECL-UTL

I'm reading through the manual and it says check every time with a hydrometer prior to use. Pay attention to water level and charging time compared to hydrometer reading. I don't know the first thing about all that. It has a built in charger, I have no idea how to use it though, and the instructions are vague at best.

/ New garage time! #1,122  
That's the plan for now. Use it to haul stuff up and down. 750lb capacity as well.

I'm realizing there's something I really don't understand how this battery system works. It's 4x 6v deep cycle batteries. Interstate Batteries | GC2-ECL-UTL

I'm reading through the manual and it says check every time with a hydrometer prior to use. Pay attention to water level and charging time compared to hydrometer reading. I don't know the first thing about all that. It has a built in charger, I have no idea how to use it though, and the instructions are vague at best.

Hopefully your manual had the info, but with 4 6v batteries your choices are 4 wired in parallel for 6 volts, 2 set wired in series/parallel for 12 volts. Or all four wired in series for 24 volts. Your built in charger should be appropriate. Your 6v Interstate batteries could be Golf Cart type, deep cycle. My guess would be 24, but that’s just a SWAG.
Best way to check health of FLA batteries is your hydrometer. Lots of online info about that. You don’t want to discharge below 50% determined by your hydrometer readings.

/ New garage time! #1,123  
I have a small, mast type man lift in my shop (GR-18, iirc). Had similar issues getting it off the trailer when I brought it home-also didn’t really k ow how heavy it was ( no manual at the time) and found out very quickly that it was well beyond the capability of my tractors pallet forks to lift.

Love having it-made hanging OSB on 16’ walls a relative breeze as well as running conduit, water lines, lighting, etc. Wish I could use it outside the building but that will have to wait until I do some paving.

/ New garage time! #1,124  

The big thing is to make sure the batteries all have the correct water level in them, the hygrometer will tell you if each cell in each battery is charging properly.

Aaron Z

/ New garage time! #1,125  
You might want to watch some scissor lift safety videos on the u tubes. That one is pretty narrow and it does not take a lot of side force to tip them over especially when the scissors get a little loose.

/ New garage time! #1,126  
For that price I am sure you could turn around and sell for the same or more once you are finished construction with it... unless of course you do maybe park it for a semi permanent lift. Win win situation.

/ New garage time!
#1,127  
Back to work after slightly recovering from crippling material costs. Picked up a pack of pot lights for the overhang. 50' of 14-2 wire was $50, completely absurd. Got them all done so I can get the soffit up and door trim done.

Tomorrow the roof goes on, finally! I moved the high lift around to the side to take the panels up. That was a small nightmare. Move 3', reposition plywood, repeat 100 times. There's only so much plywood I'm willing to destroy. The sound of the plywood cracking was horrible, and I tripped the level sensor about 15 times, but it's done.

Fully extended, it's a bit shaky. But I'll probably live.

2g487np.mp4

pUXh3Cm.mp4

skDutAT.mp4

RTH3Q3j.jpg

dWl2fbb.jpg

0X6oPqn.jpg

/ New garage time! #1,128  
Nice seeing you back at it.

Seeing how much sway there is in your video when you are near the roof really makes me wonder what it would have taken to build 3 stories tall.

/ New garage time!
#1,129  
3rd story I think i'd have to invest in more scaffolding. I was thinking about that today putting the panels down. If it was a 4:12 or 5:12 roof, I think i would have died.

Got started at the crack of 10:45 this morning. First panel sliced my hand. Cut and took panels up 4 at a time. I think i'm a bit out of shape, i was dragging by 2, and dead by 6. Got 3/4 of them done, had 6 more panels already cut and bent but had to call it due to a small fire. I think I overloaded it, 10 panels and me and hte other guy and it started smoking profusely. Climbed down and killed the power and took off the access panel, and couldn't tell where it was coming from.

It was hissing smoke, not just like a normal fire or smoke wandering about. I'm pretty sure it was the pump, but there's a lot going on in a very small place so it's hard to tell exactly. Inspected all the wires and they all looked fine. Let it cool down and installed the rest of the panels we had up there. Climbed down and powered it on and lowered it from the ground and it seemed fine.

Cleaned up and he headed out, called the wife out and got on the aerial control and went up while she watched for smoke. Everything was fine, so i came down, and it was smoking just barely.

Anyway we are gonna try and get back at it in the evenings this week before rain. Buddy is bringing his 12' brake, the last panels are going to be 6" because that's just how it works out. Gotta cut the vent and do the ridge cap. Maybe 2-3 2hr nights this week, hopefully before any rain. There's a bead of caulk at the end, so anything that gets in won't be able to get out.

BLRqTKo.jpg

7FpG4au.jpg

LAUhJWT.jpg

c3N2sUc.jpg

JWMvABF.jpg

SVh8Beu.jpg

/ New garage time! #1,130  
Ouch on your cut. Looks like you used ice and water shield the whole roof. I did my 3 roofs that way. Mine was under shingles, though. I hope to never have to replace it in my lifetime. Your building looks good. But you won't get me on that roof. Too high for me. Jon