Snow New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #21  
Simply put, these are two separate and distinct quick hitches. The conventional 3-point on the rear, and in the case of snowblowers or front brooms, a front mount quick hitch, usually utilized with a belly PTO shaft.

yeah its the forum itself that auto created a link to the Pats system that fooled me for a minute.
debating get blower for mine to augment my plow truck. so this post caught my eye then that autolink screwed me up LOL

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #22  
MF Red and irvingj, thank you for all your input and help, I appreciate it. I attached the cylinder in it's correct position and the locking lever had enough room to clear and flatten the pin, which allowed more play in the hydraulic lines fixing that issue. I attempted to attach the snowblower, but the pin and slot would correctly line up. I noticed that there are spacers between the swing arm portion and the hitch frame itself. One is on the inside between the swing arm and the frame and one is on the outside (see the 2 pictures).

Essentially on the right side you have the nut, the swing arm, a spacer then the hitch frame, & the other side you have a nut, the spacer, the swing arm and the hitch frame. The hitch is not square, which doesn't allow the pin to properly align with the slot as the 2 spacers being on different sides of the hitch frame make it out of square. View attachment 676530 View attachment 676531 MF Quick Hitch Parts Book P9 .jpg Quick Hitch Manual P11 .jpg

Edit: the term quick hitch (not with caps Quick Hitch) seems to generate a link that may not reference the MF Front Mounted Quick Hitch to accept the MF Rotary Broom, the MF Dozer Blade, and the MF Snowblower.

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue
MF Red, irvingj and Ipakiz, thank you very much for all the help! After viewing the schematics, I understand now that the hitch is correctly assembled and the parts that comprise it. After some persuasion, I was able to get the blower attached and secured. I am now ready for the snow, but won't be in a hurry to see it.

As to my mechanical abilities, I guess I was the one having a bad day, LOL!

Anyway, I appreciate all the excellent advice and hope everyone has a good day!

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #24  
   / New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue
I already have some extras, thanks.

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #26  
Good to hear that, and enjoy your snowblowing events with the new MF.

KC

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #27  
After looking at mine, it appears the hydraulic cylinder on yours is installed upside down. On mine, the cylinder pushes down, while yours appears to push up (as in the expansion takes place at the top of the unit versus the bottom)

This placement puts the hydraulic connections in the way of the locking lever. If you change the orientation of the cylinder, you should be fine. A picture of mine for reference....

QuickHitchCyl..JPG