New guy from Louisiana needs small tractor.....

/ New guy from Louisiana needs small tractor..... #11  
Brian, i have a little john deere 750 that i have been thinking of getting rid of, I bought a Kubota L3940 last year and i don't think i have put 1 hour on little john deere since so i hate to let it set and need a new lawn mower so i am thinking about selling it for the cash to buy me a lawn mower. If interested i will sell tractor, 4ft howse shredder, and 4ft box blade for $3500 cash. By the way i live a little south of you in Vermilion Parish if you wanted to take a look.

/ New guy from Louisiana needs small tractor..... #12  
I bet a nice ford 6xx or 8xx or 2000/4000 4 cyl.. or 2000/3000 3 cyl and a 5/6' mower will be a bang up match for your needs.

likkely get those models, in la for 2500-4500 MAX. in florida..1500-3500$ with mower possibly.

soundguy

yea you could get a 6xx-8xx or 2000/4000 4cyl for around 2500 but for a good 3000 8sp factory steering i get 6k for just the tractor and 7k for a 3600 where im at it's ford country there probably 3 fords to 1 other brand

/ New guy from Louisiana needs small tractor..... #13  
yea you could get a 6xx-8xx or 2000/4000 4cyl for around 2500 but for a good 3000 8sp factory steering i get 6k for just the tractor and 7k for a 3600 where im at it's ford country there probably 3 fords to 1 other brand

same here.. more fords you can shake a stick at.

prices are inthe toilet.

I bought a 4600 for 3900$

3000 8spd diesel for 2900$

I know of 2-3 3 cyl machines.. none over 3500$ some with mowers.

sad. for sellers.

some machines that are possibly less desireable like medium sized letter series farmall with narrow fronts..( m h, 300, etc ) are in the 1250 - 1500 range with implements.. smaller cub-a-b-c farmalls in the 500-1500$ range.. heck.. I bought one for 800$ a while back.

I know of 2 6xx models in the 2600$ range near my house.

8n on the roadside on way to work.. good looker too.. 1500$.

I se eit all the time.

on the other forum I post at.. YT.. there is a guy up north that see's higher prices.. perhaps similar to what you are seeing.. still stuff in the 4500-6500$ range. and he's threadoned coming to florida with a long trailer to buy 3 of them for the price he could get 1 there, and average out the haul cost.

heck.. there was a 3 cyl 4000 with orchard fenders for sale here for 8m last year for 2500$ on clist. it still pops up time to time..

needed/needs a battery.. was a diesel 8spd. fender were a bit beat.. and had a smear of 'ugly' on it.. but it was a running 4000 .. that's alot of machine.. i seriously contemplated buying it for 2500$ before I found my 3900$ 4600 ( better hyds and had a free 6' hd beater mower. fenders were no better off though! lots of rust out at base.. took much angle iron and welding rods to correct! plus a quart of bondo after stitching in new metal... )

/ New guy from Louisiana needs small tractor..... #14  
I've driven all the way form AL to buy from these guys before. They might be negotiable on the price or find a new nose cone and bumper for you. These are tough old tractors and you can find aftermarket parts for them everywhere. Just a thought...

GOOD USED FORD 3000 TRACTOR | eBay

/ New guy from Louisiana needs small tractor..... #15  
The older Fords are real good tractors. I'm in north Louisiana now but I'm from St Landry parish, growing up we had a couple of Ford 3600s on the farm and they were great. I have a similar machine now, my '76 2040 JD. It's a great machine. Tractors in this size range are capable of doing real work and not using much fuel to get it done. With that much property I'd recommend you look at something in that size range. Even if you don't plan on doing more, you'll have enough machine to do whatever may come up and do it a lot faster than a little tractor.
I found mine on Craigslist over in Mississippi, there are deals out there if you're patient.

/ New guy from Louisiana needs small tractor..... #16  
I have a similar machine now, my '76 2040 JD. It's a great machine. Tractors in this size range are capable of doing real work and not using much fuel to get it done.

Yeah, its always better to have a little to much tractor than not enough! :thumbsup:

/ New guy from Louisiana needs small tractor..... #18  
The older Fords are real good tractors. I'm in north Louisiana now but I'm from St Landry parish, growing up we had a couple of Ford 3600s on the farm and they were great. I have a similar machine now, my '76 2040 JD. It's a great machine. Tractors in this size range are capable of doing real work and not using much fuel to get it done. With that much property I'd recommend you look at something in that size range. Even if you don't plan on doing more, you'll have enough machine to do whatever may come up and do it a lot faster than a little tractor.
I found mine on Craigslist over in Mississippi, there are deals out there if you're patient.

thats what i stayed above i have one of each you just mentioned and know where there or a few more in the area i could point him towards. but what he really needs is a nice 2240 with loader

/ New guy from Louisiana needs small tractor..... #19  
If you are accustomed to lawn tractors with hydro transmissions then go that route on a tractor. I started with a gear shift after many years of not driving a tractor. I now have a hydro and love it. Apparently mowing is high up on your lists of things to do - the hydro has the advantage of the pto running all the time even if you are changing directions. Not so on a gear tractor.

If you just want to smooth out a drive and not move a lot of dirt then consider a five foot land plane. Check out the video at Everything Attachments. I started out with a 21 hp but sure do love my 32 hp. Handles all my implements much better.

Newer compact utility tractors are much more nimble than the older machines out there. That may be a plus if you have not had a tractor in a long time or this is your first.

A 30-35 hp tractor should handle a 72" finish cut mower with no troubles.

/ New guy from Louisiana needs small tractor.....
Thanks for the advice and responses, everyone. I am going to take some time to think about this a bit. I want to get enough tractor for the job, but certainly not something too big to mow with.

For now I need to do more pricing on what is out there. I know I want to spend less than $7500, a good bit less if possible.

I did get the chance today to go check out some tractors at a used tractor place nearby. They were closed, but had several different tractors available, I just wish I could have gotten pricing.

Whodat, I will give Tom Klumpp a call or go by sometime this coming week. Didn't realize he is in Basile, I just assumed he was in Kinder. The place I went to today was Acadian Equipment near Opelousas, he has a good rep and several smaller tractors.

Brian
LC