New guy waiting for new 3120

/ New guy waiting for new 3120
I thought I knew every town in this state, but Edwall draws a big blank. Any pheasants in your neck of the woods?

The tires are filled, so that is taken care of. I think I will get that i-match thing right off the bat. My logger buddy looked at the place I'm buying yesterday and said his low rough guess is I should be able to pull more than $15k out of the trees I want down. Thank goodness it is almost all cedar.

I see another 3120 in Colorado. I guess if it works good for you way up there above sea level, I should be more than fine at 100' above. I've spent quite a bit of time in Colorado. Mostly the Golden area. Love it there!

/ New guy waiting for new 3120 #12  
Congratulations on ordering your new tractor.

Another $1000 gets me another 3 horses, but I don't know if I can justify it.

The $1000 also gets you more weight, and stronger hydraulics (if your comparing to the 2520).

As far as IMatch, consider some 3rd party quick attach systems too. (I don't have the a quick attach). I ordered my 3520 with telescoping links, which I am quite happy with.

The $1000 I was referring to was going up to 3320 instead of the 3120. It was probably $2000 to step up to the 3120 and the weight and heavier duty stuff you mentioned is why. I only need the 2520, or whatever the number is so the 3120 should be overkill.

The parts we were waiting for are in and they said I can get it on the 7th all set up with the 4-in-1. Now my lender is telling me I might have to wait until I close the new place to have it show up on my credit. I guess my debt to income will be running around 110% by then. What's another $700 a month?

/ New guy waiting for new 3120 #14  
Garrett

Not surprised Edwall drew a blank, only has about 300 people. Not to many pheasants here on my place but a bit farther west there a quite a few. We do have wild turkeys, deer, a few elk, and I have seen one bear. Also more porcupines and coyotes then you can shake a stick at.

I had to look it up. So that's where that hiway heading out of Sprague goes. Just passed through there a few weeks ago.

/ New guy waiting for new 3120 #16  
Good choice.

John M

/ New guy waiting for new 3120 #17  
garth466 said:
I thought I knew every town in this state, but Edwall draws a big blank. Any pheasants in your neck of the woods?

The tires are filled, so that is taken care of. I think I will get that i-match thing right off the bat. My logger buddy looked at the place I'm buying yesterday and said his low rough guess is I should be able to pull more than $15k out of the trees I want down. Thank goodness it is almost all cedar.

I see another 3120 in Colorado. I guess if it works good for you way up there above sea level, I should be more than fine at 100' above. I've spent quite a bit of time in Colorado. Mostly the Golden area. Love it there!

Congrats...just to reiterate...make sure the logging company takes care of the stumps!!!

Yes, they will do what ever I pay them to do. Most of the timber is cedar, so it comes out pretty easy. I'm going to deal with them after they are pulled as opposed to paying to have them hauled off. I can burn where I'm going and it is right on the edge of the fire district that I work part time for. I guess I'll be writing myself a lot of permits. I'll make sure to meet all the neighbors and fill them in as a courtesy. Luckily, it isn't an area that we have to respond to complaints much.