New Hay Trailer

/ New Hay Trailer #31  
mark.r Well... your setup is kinda like mine... yes, yours is a 5th wheel, mine is a gooseneck. Also, my trailer is just a 5 bale hauler.

I don't have benefit of all that white stuff to adorn my bales.. such a pity:rolleyes: I guess that's one difference between Central Texas and your neck of the woods!

Also, I think that on a tractor pull off you'd beat me... I'm sitting at around 50 hp and think you best me there... also, your trailer will out do mine at least 3X when it comes to number of bales hauled.

Overall, however, I think we are both well balanced in equipment selections for our purposes.:)

/ New Hay Trailer #32  
texasjohn said:
mark.r Well... your setup is kinda like mine... yes, yours is a 5th wheel, mine is a gooseneck. Also, my trailer is just a 5 bale hauler.

I don't have benefit of all that white stuff to adorn my bales.. such a pity:rolleyes: I guess that's one difference between Central Texas and your neck of the woods!

Also, I think that on a tractor pull off you'd beat me... I'm sitting at around 50 hp and think you best me there... also, your trailer will out do mine at least 3X when it comes to number of bales hauled.

Overall, however, I think we are both well balanced in equipment selections for our purposes.:)

Oh wait, hold the phone. That isn't my set up. I wish it was but I can't claim it. I saw the picks and thought of this thread. I'd love to have that kind of HP though.

/ New Hay Trailer #33  
Got it... yep, you didn't claim it was your setup...just that it is similar. My incorrect assumption.

Yes, the rear hay fork I have remains useful for 4 things...

doubles the number of bales I can carry at once
as a base for a carry-all when it isn't hay season.
extra weight always attached to it counter balances FEL weight (somewhat)
has the gooseneck ball mounted to it for trailer hauling

HAY_FORK_WEIGHTS_BALL_WEIGHTS_1_1092.JPG
HAY_FORK_WEIGHTS_BALL_WEIGHTS_2_1091.JPG