New help, looking for trailer

/ New help, looking for trailer #1  

Greg Jones

I just got a TC40 with loader and box scraper the tires have been fill for ballast.
Need to know what the ballpark weight of the tractor is to fit it to a trailer.

Thanks for the help

/ New help, looking for trailer #2  
Figure 5,500 lb with the loader and boxblade as a minimum. 6,000 lb would be a safer bet. A tandem axle utility trailer with two 3,500 lb axles will be overloaded by about 500 lb. You really need a 10,000 GVWR trailer to haul your tractor. A 14,000 GVWR would be even better and allow you to add other weight.

I also would not haul that tractor with anything less than a 3/4 ton pickup and brakes on at least one axle. I tried to haul my tractor (a TC45D with loader) without loaded rear tires on my 18' 7k lb utility trailer without brakes. Even though my pickup is a 3/4 ton, a light rain put a slick glaze down on the highway. I went sliding through an intersection at a stoplight. Luckily, nobody else was in the intersection. I turned around and went home. Never have I hauled my tractor on that trailer since then. It ain't worth it.

/ New help, looking for trailer #3  
What Jimman said.
5000 to 6000lbs

10k to 14k rated trailer, 20 to 24' long would be best.

Tow with 3/4ton or better truck.

/ New help, looking for trailer #4  
I just got a TC40 with loader and box scraper the tires have been fill for ballast.
Need to know what the ballpark weight of the tractor is to fit it to a trailer.

Thanks for the help
What do you have to tow it with?

/ New help, looking for trailer
Towing with F 250 4 WD 3/4 ton diesel

/ New help, looking for trailer #7  
Figure 5,500 lb with the loader and boxblade as a minimum. 6,000 lb would be a safer bet. A tandem axle utility trailer with two 3,500 lb axles will be overloaded by about 500 lb. You really need a 10,000 GVWR trailer to haul your tractor. A 14,000 GVWR would be even better and allow you to add other weight.

I also would not haul that tractor with anything less than a 3/4 ton pickup and brakes on at least one axle. I tried to haul my tractor (a TC45D with loader) without loaded rear tires on my 18' 7k lb utility trailer without brakes. Even though my pickup is a 3/4 ton, a light rain put a slick glaze down on the highway. I went sliding through an intersection at a stoplight. Luckily, nobody else was in the intersection. I turned around and went home. Never have I hauled my tractor on that trailer since then. It ain't worth it.

Many states (including mine) require trailers with multiple axles to have brakes on all axles.
It should be a requirement everywhere.

/ New help, looking for trailer #9  
Greg where are you from I have lots of DooLittle brand trailers in stock ready to go.

/ New help, looking for trailer #10  
You have the exact same basic setup as I do. My trailer is a 1974 Zieman metal decked gooseneck, 15,000 lbs GVWR, with electric breaks on both axles. The deck is 16' with 2' more of beavertail. I wouldn't want it any shorter in length but as it is, 16 LA loader bucket and Gearmore box scraper down on the deck, the tractor sits fine on the trailer. I do a 2-1/2 hour tractor tow up into the mountains 5-6 times a year with my Ford F-250 diesel/8' bed (long wheelbase counts when towing).
I am soon to be purchasing a backhoe attachment and I will then use the upper arm of the gooseneck to place the loader bucket.
Public scale weight of the trailer, tractor w/ loaded tires, 16LA FEL and no rear 3 pt attachment is 10,300 lbs.