NEW HOLLAND 269 BALER CHAIN

/ NEW HOLLAND 269 BALER CHAIN #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hello, Question and i am sure it's been answered somewhere just couldn't find it. I have a New Holland 269 baler, what size roller chain does it use in the main drive and the pickup drive. I have looked through a good copy of an owners manual many times and cannot find this information. Would like to pick up some master links to have around this baling season just in case of you know what i mean. may even get some chain from the local tsc or napa here if possible just need to know the size. Someone out there knows this info i'm sure.

/ NEW HOLLAND 269 BALER CHAIN #2  
Messick site calls for #2040 chain

/ NEW HOLLAND 269 BALER CHAIN
thank you both, yes i just looked at the new holland online and 2040 is what it states thanks for pointing me in right direction, sometimes it just takes the right suggestion to get going

RickB, Thanks again, i just double checked the online parts catalog and it states 2040 for the main drive chain. however i do know that the main drive chain and the pickup chain are different sizes with the main chain being bigger. However the online parts state 2040 for both? 2060 may be but?

I guess this is part of the reason i was asking in the first place does anyone know for sure what they are? The online manual seems to be somewhat misleading. Just looking at them with somewhat limited knowledge of roller chain it is obvious that they are different size. And calling the dealer early today has produced the same result as the catalog.

/ NEW HOLLAND 269 BALER CHAIN #7  
I just did a complete scroll through the 269 Parts catalog. I was mistaken thinking the main drive was 2060. The chain coming off the gearbox only drives the knitters and is 2040 as called out.

My mistake even more . The chains are identical 2040 just as the manual states. you wouldn't believe how much different they look when just looking at them with tinted safety glasses on:eek: lol. anyway found the master links at napa 4 to a pack for about 5 bucks if anyone else needs to know:thumbsup:.