New Holland 3930 Hydraulic help

/ New Holland 3930 Hydraulic help #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Ok Guys Gals and anyone who has information that can help. I just purchased a new to me 1997 3930 with 7310 front end loader. The loader is plumed to the rear hydro outlets. I have a problem with this and a future upgrade so here is my questions. 1 the loader works up and down just fine. the bucket curls just fine however a little slow on the down curl. Problem...It will not lift the front of the tractor off the ground..no matter how i do it or how many rpm's i give it......going to post pics does anybody know where the adjustment for pressure is other than the slow fast knobs at the top of the manifold as pictured........Have any of you seen this setup to run a loader before? and the future project is to replace this or upgrade to a joystick configuration and keep the rear remotes......BUT first i got to figure out why i do not have enough UMPH!! to pick up the front of the tractor......Any help would be appreciated......

3930 rear hydros 2.JPG3930 rear hydros 4.JPG3930 rear hydros 1.JPG3930 rear hydros 5.JPG

Last edited:
   / New Holland 3930 Hydraulic help #2  
The relief valve for the rear pump is in the rear pump cover. The relief valve for the auxiliary pump is in the priority pack in front of the seat. Do not play with either without developing a working understanding of this complex hydraulic system. Do not buy any loader control valve or make plans to install an independent loader valve without understanding what type of valve to buy and exactly how to install it.

Are the brakes released when you are attempting to raise the front axle?

/ New Holland 3930 Hydraulic help
The relief valve for the rear pump is in the rear pump cover. The relief valve for the auxiliary pump is in the priority pack in front of the seat. Do not play with either without developing a working understanding of this complex hydraulic system. Do not buy any loader control valve or make plans to install an independent loader valve without understanding what type of valve to buy and exactly how to install it.

Are the brakes released when you are attempting to raise the front axle?

No, the brakes are pressed when i am trying to lift the front of the tractor??? Every other tractor i have owned would do this while i had the brakes pressed and stopped??? I am confused as to why this would make a difference. Why would i want my tractor to possibly roll while lifting the front end......

/ New Holland 3930 Hydraulic help #4  
Because the bucket geometry often dictates that the bucket slide or the rear wheels roll a bit when the front axle lifts. Release the brake and try it. And sit in the seat like you ought to be if you are concerned about maintaining control of your tractor. Scoff all you want, I’m serious as a heart attack. You can always check your hydraulic system pressure. That will tell you whether you need to look further into the system.

Ok, I figured it out.. it's working fine...Just if i push down too far on those hydraulic levers it goes into a float function.... But it will lift the front of the tractor as high as you can go without effort, at idle, with..... Brakes Locked Down......I have the Joystick information now from a local source. Thanks to all who replied.

/ New Holland 3930 Hydraulic help #6  
Simplest way to add a joystick is to Connect it to one of the remotes and jack up the detent release pressure all the way. Anything other than that gets complex and requires a CCLS valve.

Simplest way to add a joystick is to Connect it to one of the remotes and jack up the detent release pressure all the way. Anything other than that gets complex and requires a CCLS valve.

I agree with this, I would like to keep it as simple as possible and still keep my rear remotes, I don't know exactly what i would have to do as the rear hydraulic valves do not have a locking detent to allow for constant flow to loader valve without a bungee chord?? But this setup would seem to allow me to leave the loader on the tractor and still have 1 available hydraulic port..?

/ New Holland 3930 Hydraulic help #8  
It would, and your remotes do have pressure adjustable detents, which I have already referenced. You might want to look into an operator’s manual for your tractor, it would help you to understand the machine a lot better than you seem to at this point.

/ New Holland 3930 Hydraulic help #9  
A loader valve can be plumbed in to the tractor's hydraulics rather than using a remote. You (or someone) will need to understand the tractor's hydraulic system to do it, but it should not be too difficult. And you'll need to fab up a mount for the loader valve of course.

/ New Holland 3930 Hydraulic help #10  
Glad you figured it out. I had a 3930 with 7310 loader and loved it. Never had a problem. It actually could lift more than my T4030 with Stoll loader. Mine was set up a lot like yours from the dealer but only used one remote.