New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530

/ New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530 #1  

paolin

I am still shopping for a compact tractor. The Hew Holland salesamn has been trying to get me to buy this new compact tractor. Does anyone know anything about this machine? They are really a basic tractor, nothing fancy but lean and mean as NH says. Gerry

/ New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530 #2  
I don't know about the 1530 but i bought a case farmall 45 this spring and i love it. Which is the same a the new holland tc45. Lot of power and easy to use. Mine has a hydro and i like it a lot epilepsy mowing with it. I paid 21k out the door with FEL and filled tires. I would buy it again with out a second thought. Maybe a cab next time though.:D

/ New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530 #3  
I bought the 1520 last spring and I love it. 35 tractor hp 29.5 pto with the gear trans. Everyone tells me I should have gone with the hydro. but i've used them before and don't really like it. I'm 57 years old and my kids say to set in my ways but I guess that's the reason they make tractors both ways. At least that's my 2 cents worth.

/ New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530 #4  
From what I understand the T1530 is the same, except for hp, as the T1520 which I have. I don't see how you could go wrong. I have worked mine pretty hard and have no complaints. I like the geared transmission also.

/ New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530 #5  
NH website states wheel base for 1510/1520 is the same and the WB for the 1530 is larger. I may be under water but... appear to be different frames.

/ New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530 #6  
   / New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530 #7  
Just to let you know, but the first couple of models of the T1530 did not have live pto. The current production models do, so that is just something that i would look for. It may not seem like much, but the pto WILL stop everytime you clutch if it does not have live pto.

/ New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530 #8  
That could be a REAL problem for someone!

I too prefer a gear transmission, would like 12F and 8R but that's hard to find in a compact or light ag machine.

/ New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530 #9  
Gents, the T1530 is a hydrid beast. A large part of it's design is identical to the TC45A and TC45DA tractors (aka 2320, 3045, Class III Boomer). For example, the HST model doesn't have a clutch and it's PTO is powered by a hydraulic actuated clutch/brake assembly just like the Class III Boomers. What makes the transmission an "economy" tractor and different from the "deluxe" models is that the HST is a single speed transmission hooked to a 3-range manual gearbox. The "deluxe" cousins have a dual speed HST hooked to a 2-range manual gearbox.

There's additional hood styling differences and other sheet-metal economy features. When you look at the FEL for the 1530, you see that it is the 250TL loader, the same as it's "deluxe" cousins. The 1510 and 1520 have the lower capacity 110TL loader that is similar to the old 7308 loader.

I would say that the T1530 is a great choice for someone who wants an economy tractor with an HST transmission in the 45HP range. I have not driven one, but I may try to find one and give them a try. It sure seems NH has introduced another winner that will fit a large niche market of users.

/ New Holland 45hp Compact Tractor 1530 #10  
That could be a REAL problem for someone!

I too prefer a gear transmission, would like 12F and 8R but that's hard to find in a compact or light ag machine.

You can get 12x12 PowerShuttle from MF in the 1600 series. After driving that, will not ever own hydro again.

:)