NEW Holland 66 Square Baler. Good price?

/ NEW Holland 66 Square Baler. Good price?
This is my 1st baler its all new experience. I just picked up a NH 479 haybine, gettin a NH 256 rake for only 400 bucks. Im redy for next summer now its a long wait! TBN has been a great help!

/ NEW Holland 66 Square Baler. Good price? #22  
Hey all yea I was able to run 45 bales threw it. Around 20 bales is missed 3 in a row. One side was tied n the other wasnt im thinkinkin it was tieing just hay was to wet plus may of had tensioner to tight so was just just popping the knot. Atleast thats my hope I was baling a lone so I couldnt keep n eye on it. I gog it greased n cleaned up n stored away for winter now.

Thats good!! Yes, wet hay and too much tension can be a problem. Also, my dad used to tell me too much grease in the knotters can cause knotter problems. So I've always just pumped a 1/2 shot in them.

/ NEW Holland 66 Square Baler. Good price? #23  
Thats good!! Yes, wet hay and too much tension can be a problem. Also, my dad used to tell me too much grease in the knotters can cause knotter problems. So I've always just pumped a 1/2 shot in them.

we always pump it till it comes out and clean all excess off the knotters

/ NEW Holland 66 Square Baler. Good price? #24  
I see you are listed as "central PA". If you are anywhere near Elizabethtown, or Abbottstown, the NH dealer, Messiks will have a small square baler clinique every year during their open house. The man who runs it, Paul, probably worked for NH when that baler was new. Paul can really teach you lots about your baler and what you need to do and look for.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoB_1meRa9A[/ame]

Here is a link to show you how knotters and balers work, check it out.

Last edited: