New Holland Biodiesel approval document

/ New Holland Biodiesel approval document #1  

Diesel-ME

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC55DA EHSS 4Wd
I know there have been a few threads recently about biodiesel usage. I just happened to notice this document on the NH website today. It was linked to from this page.

Looks like the Boomers are limited to B5 officially.

~paul

/ New Holland Biodiesel approval document #2  
I thought I heard on our local farm hour radio show (5 AM to 6AM, 5 days a week) that CNH had approved 100% soy diesel??? Maybe I misunderstood or am thinking of another brand.

/ New Holland Biodiesel approval document #3  
They aproved B100 (which mets the ASTM spec... I can't remember the number) for use in SOME of their engines. If I recall, these are all in the larger tractors. I think it's a different manufacturer for the smaller vs larger engines, which is probably why some are approved and some are not.

John Mc

/ New Holland Biodiesel approval document #4  
maybe i'm crazy, but from everything i've read, i wouldn't be the least bit afraid to run B100 in my TC45....

am i crazy? is there something i'm missing?

/ New Holland Biodiesel approval document #5  
Its probably more a testing issue. They've probbly not but in the time yet to run though testing on the TC's. You typicaly see more problems with bigger, fuel injected engines than you do on smaller diesels. I doubt it would be an issue.

/ New Holland Biodiesel approval document #6  
Flatheadyoungin said:
maybe i'm crazy, but from everything i've read, i wouldn't be the least bit afraid to run B100 in my TC45....

am i crazy? is there something i'm missing?

I've heard that biodiesel can cause swelling of some types of seals and problems with some types of rubber hoses. Whether that is the only concern, I don't know.

As MessikFarmEquip says, it's probably just a matter of not having done the appropriate tests yet. Though you would think if the only problem was seals/hose compatibility they could give some indication on that without an actual test.