New Holland rear Hydraulics setup

/ New Holland rear Hydraulics setup #1  

kyconran

Tractor
New Holland TC29d
Hello everyone. I am new here with a duh question. I have not used my rear hydraulics for so long I have forgotten how to switch hydraulic fluid supply from the front bucket to the rear backhoe attachment. I have looked and looked but simply do not see what should be obvious to see. I should remember, it's only been 15+ years since I last used the rear hydraulics. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

/ New Holland rear Hydraulics setup #2  
There should be a lever to the side of the seat which activates the rear remotes. If the plumbing hooks directly to the tractor, there should be a hose that gets disconnected from the tractor, then hooked to the BH, then hoses from the BH get connected to the tractor.

You don't mention how it hooks up, so only guessing....

/ New Holland rear Hydraulics setup #3  
I don't have rear remotes on my NH, so for me its just like LS Tractor Owner described:

"If the plumbing hooks directly to the tractor, there should be a hose that gets disconnected from the tractor, then hooked to the BH, then hoses from the BH get connected to the tractor."

/ New Holland rear Hydraulics setup
Thank you for your response. There are 2 lines permanently attached on the rear for attaching hydraulic attachments. I only used this feature once before, probably 15ish years ago. Only if my memory serves me correct, I thought I made the switch underneath the tractor but have not been able to locate it if that is true. I am certain there is no options visible near the seat, dash other levers near the seat. I will take another look underneath and let everyone know when I find it.

Ok everyone, either I am getting old, forgetful or just an idiot. Whatever it is, I found the remote lever just as described. It must have been my previous tractor where I made the uncommon process of switching the hydraulics.
One other point confuses me. When I pull the remote lever, it does not stay in place. The rear attachment works as long as I hold the lever. The only option I see is to tie the lever in place with a rope. Does that sound right or am I still missing something?
Anyways, thanks for listening. I do appreciate the thoughts.

/ New Holland rear Hydraulics setup #6  
Yup, not uncommon on the New Hollands... Tie it back or use a bungy to hold it in place. That is how we have to do it on our TC40D when the backhoe is connected...

Yup, not uncommon on the New Hollands... Tie it back or use a bungy to hold it in place. That is how we have to do it on our TC40D when the backhoe is connected...
Thx, my backhoe is up and running!!